FORTY

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER FORTYno boyfriend, no sleep, no happiness

CHAPTER FORTY
no boyfriend, no sleep, no
happiness

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

THE ROOM WAS stuck in a stunned, and extremely melancholy, stretch of silence. Juliet breathed heavily from how she was still knelt on the floor by Barry's ripped up suit, surrounded by shards of broken glass. That expel of energy — definitely caused by her emotions — had taken a lot out of her. She had never done something like that before, but the pain of losing Barry was enough to cause something that catastrophic.

"Barry, he's gone," Iris let out, sunken into the arms of her father.

"Harry, you . . ." Juliet trailed off, her voice hoarse from the screen. A tear dripped down her cheek, and she felt like she couldn't fucking breathe. "Harry, you promised it would be fine."

"This wasn't su — I didn't — I'm so sorry," Harry said.

"We lost him," Henry added.

"No, no, no, no, he — he could've got knocked somewhere or maybe even run there," Cisco insisted, climbing up on the platform. He typed for a moment on the computer. "Nothing on the GPS."

"There were strikes all over the building," Harry stated before connecting to the comms. "Jesse, come down here, please." However, there was absolutely no response. "Jesse? Wally?"

Once again, silence. Harry, Iris, Joe immediately ran out of the room. Juliet, however, stayed there. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't go anywhere. It was like she was stuck in a loop of horror, not quite sure how she got there and not quite sure how to leave.

Cisco approached her carefully, kneeling down beside her. "JJ."

"Remember — remember when we first fought Zoom, and Barry got all beat up?" Juliet asked quietly, and Cisco nodded. "I thought he was dead then. The sight of his body . . ." She shook her head, more tears rapidly flowing out of her eyes. "This is worse. At least I could see him then."

"Henry, Wells' daughter is upstairs," Joe announced, running back into the room. "The energy hit her too." Henry said nothing and just continued to stare ahead. "Her heart stopped beating. Henry!"

He snapped out of it, running his hands down his face and standing up. "All right."

Juliet then watched as Cisco reached his hand out, almost hesitantly, to Barry's suit. He placed his hand upon it, and just like always when he vibed, he froze, his eyes going slightly out of focus. Juliet sniffled and watched him carefully until he gasped, coming back to himself.