THIRTY-FIVE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVEI've got a list of names, and yoursis in red underlined

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
I've got a list of names, and yours
is in red underlined

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

BARRY CAME BACK upstairs not soon after, this time with Cisco, who looked more determined than ever. Juliet slid up besides her boyfriend and elbowed his side, giving him an impressed look. Barry grinned back at her before slinging an arm around her shoulders, planting a kiss to the top of her head. Together, they all watched as Harry put the new, and much smaller, tachyon device on Barry's suit right underneath his Flash symbol.

"You're all set," Harry said. "He won't even know it's there."

"'Cause whoever said aesthetics aren't important," Cisco replied.

"Not me. Let's go."

Barry looked at Caitlin, who looked extremely crestfallen. "Hey, Cait, I know how hard this is gonna be for you, but we have to stop him."

"I know, and I want to be supportive," Caitlin stated. "I just — I can't face Jay. Or whatever his real name is."

Juliet's eyebrows knit in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, you remember when I was looking for his doppelganger, right?"

"Yeah, and you couldn't find him," Barry agreed.

"Because there is no Jay Garrick on this Earth," Caitlin revealed. "His doppelganger's name is Hunter Zolomon."

"Hunter Zolomon?" Harry interjected, and they all looked at him. "Are — are you sure?"

"Yeah, why?"

Harry opened up his watch. "Well, because on my Earth, Hunter Zolomon was a convicted serial killer."

Instantly, two pictures showed up on the screen. One was a CCPN article with the title Notorious Serial Killer Caught!, and another was a mugshot of a guy with long hair and a beard, but underneath it, she could definitely see Jay. His eyes were wide, but Juliet could see the absolute hatred behind them.

"That's Jay?" Caitlin asked in shock.

"No, that is Hunter," Harry corrected. "Last public photo of Hunter Zolomon. Instantly recognizable. And people from my Earth, on my Earth, serial killers are an anomaly, so a lot of media attention to this. There was a podcast."

"He looks . . ." Juliet trailed off, a shiver going up her spine. "Absolutely insane." She sighed. "I honestly don't know how we didn't see this coming. We've dealt with so many fucking plot twists it should be routine by now."