TEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER TEN
seeing double

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET WAS ONLY momentarily surprised when Barry took her wrists gently and flipped them over so her back is pressed against the bed.

Barry smiled at her, one that makes her all fluttery inside. "Hey."

Juliet's sure she has little pink cartoon hearts floating around her head. "'Sup." She then noticed that his eyes were completely focused on her. "You're not staring into space anymore."

"Just staring at you, babe."

She laughed a little. "You are such a dork."

"Only for you," Barry replied.

Barry then leaned down and pressed his lips onto hers again. However, unlike before, when they were quick and urgent, this one was slow and sweet. Juliet found herself smiling into it, nothing but serenity filling her veins as she kissed the love of her life in her bedroom scattered with discarded clothes.

Suddenly, Juliet's phone buzzed from her nightstand at the same time as Barry's, making the wooden structure vibrate. The two pulled away from each other — although a bit hesitantly — and Barry rolled off of Juliet. He grabbed their phones and handed Juliet hers. However, when they saw the text from Cisco, they were immediately on high alert.

"Shit," Juliet let out. "Shit, shit, shit."

She tumbled out of bed. Juliet picked her jeans up off the floor and put them back on, glancing in the mirror as she did so. Oh God, her hair was a mess, and there was a very prominent bruise on her neck. She pulled her shirt back on before tying her hair back into a low bun. There wasn't really much more she could do.

"You are a menace," Juliet scolded, reaching out and throwing a shit ton of concealer on her neck like it would do something, as Barry laughed at her, already ready because of speeding around the place. "Fuck you." Barry opened his mouth, but Juliet flicked her hand, making his head knock to the side. "Don't you dare."

With another minute of Juliet panicking, and maybe one more kiss shared between them, they were out the door.

There had been an attack at Central City Picture News. Apparently, after Barry's slip up, Doctor Light had gone after Earth-One Linda. She had gone completely off the rails and did exactly what Jay said she wouldn't — kill. One of the major editors of the newspaper had died, and if it wasn't for Iris shooting off Light's mask with a gun, Light probably would've killed Iris and Linda, too. Jay had tried to step in after Light had crashed the S.T.A.R. Labs van outside, but she sent a starlight energy wave to knock them all down and escape.