THIRTY-THREE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREEdementor! dementor!

dementor! dementor!

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

NO MATTER HOW hard Juliet tried, the anger rushing through her veins underneath her skin was impossible to remove.

She couldn't believe that this was happening again. It was the worst kind of déjà vu⁠ imaginable. Barry had been right to be wary of Jay when he showed up, but Juliet brushed it off, deciding to trust him instead. She shouldn't have. Jay Garrick was their worst enemy, the one who had caused so much destruction on both Earths — Zoom. Just like Juliet trusted Harrison Wells — or should she say Thawne.

Her point stands.

The same mistake was made twice, and Juliet could not stop beating herself up over it. When Thawne was around, Juliet brushed off not being trained as much as Barry was, placing it on that they were new to heroeing. Turns out he just didn't want to see her reach her full potential. Yet Jay — Zoom — had helped her train, had helped her grow stronger, for his own fucking benefit. He wanted her to reach her maximum so he could watch her crumble.

And Earth-Two Juliet . . . he had done this to her. He had locked her away in a cell for months and beat her until her powers got trapped inside of her. Her supposed best friend. Juliet knew that Earth-Two Juliet wasn't in on this secret. She had seem so scared, so secluded into herself.

Zoom had already gotten the best of Juliet on Earth-Two. But Earth-One? That was her turf. She was going to stop Zoom one way or another, and she knew Barry would be right beside her when that happened. This was the last time they would go through this bullshit. Juliet was determined to make it so.

She sat in the cortex, her hair sloppily tied up into a ponytail and a flannel of Barry's draped over her tank top, pouring over a book about telekinesis. Barry had been speed-reading books about speed and motion while doing equations on the whiteboard, and while that was great for him, Juliet had to focus on her. It didn't really help that everything in this book was hypothetical, clearly before the age of Metahumans.

Suddenly, the sound of books hitting the floor echoed throughout the cortex. Juliet's head snapped up to see Cisco standing there, staring at Jay's helmet with half of the books in his hands and half on the floor.

Barry turned around from the noise. "Yo."

"Can we please get rid of Jay's helmet?" Cisco asked.

"No, I'm sorry. It keeps me motivated."