THIRTY-SIX

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIXyou're on your own, kid — yeah,you can face this

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
you're on your own, kid — yeah,
you can face this

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

A BEAT OF silence, a moment of horror. Juliet ignored the burning of her lungs and stumbled to her feet, Iris practically catching her as she almost fell back to the ground. There was no doubt in her mind of where Zolomon took Caitlin.

His lair on Earth-Two, which they had no way of getting to now because Barry didn't have his speed.

"We gotta get Caitlin back," Cisco insisted.

Barry just instantly left the room, his head ducked low. Juliet frowned as she watched him go before deciding to follow him. He had gone through the cortex out into the hallway. Barry had his forehead leaning against the wall, his back faced towards her. Juliet's frown only deepened, and she placed a hand on his back, moving to stand beside him.

"It's only a setback," Juliet said. "But we're going to do what we always do — overcome it. I don't care if it takes me figuring out something about my powers or finding another way to get through the breach, but we will get Caitlin back."

Barry rolled his head over slightly to look at her. he then turned around, pressing his back against the wall as he ran his hands down his face.

"You've always taught me that in times where it's easier to give up, you have to continue fighting. This isn't an exception." Juliet watched him crouch down to the floor before sitting on her knees. "I know you lost your speed, but baby, you've got a whole team behind you. Especially me, because Scarlet's got it." Juliet reached up and ran a hand through his hair comfortingly. "I love the Flash, but there's someone that I love more." Barry met her eyes, and she gave him a soft smile. "And that's Barry Allen. Barry Allen is just as much of a hero as the Flash is."

Barry let a tear drip down his cheek before ducking his head again. Juliet placed her other hand on his arm, leaning her head against his shoulder. Barry then let his head fall on top of hers. And there they stayed for a while, just contemplating what to do.

(They would not be commenting on how their future daughter was watching that whole interaction.)

ϟ ···················· ϟ ···················· ϟ