TWENTY-FOUR

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOURback to the future

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
back to the future

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

AS EACH MINUTE ticked closer to nine fifty-two, Juliet's anxiety increased. They only had about half an hour left until Dr. McGee was supposed to die, and so far, nothing.

"No sign of tachyon activity," Harry announced, staring at the screen.

"We're running out of time," Barry insisted. "We've got to find them."

"It'll take a few minutes for the device to reach full power once it's activated, but when we find it, you're gonna have to get there fast," Cisco replied.

"Hey, Barry, Jules," Caitlin called.

Juliet looked over at her. "Yeah? What's up, Cait?"

"Have you found out anything else about Jay's doppelganger?"

"There's no Jay Garrick on this Earth," Barry answered.

"That's so weird," Caitlin commented. "Everyone has a doppelganger."

"Maybe try asking him," Juliet suggested. "I'm sure he'll tell you if you do."

"Okay."

Suddenly, the alarms started to blare throughout the cortex. Juliet's eyes slightly widened — this was it.

"Tachyons!" Cisco exclaimed. "Eighty-Seventh and Avenue J."

Juliet and Barry locked eyes for a split second. They didn't have time to waste — it was now or never. Juliet teleported into her suit before getting out of S.T.A.R. Labs. Once she got to the site, she saw the machine Cisco had described, plus the Reverse Flash standing in front of Dr. McGee with his vibrating hand raised. He wasn't wearing the face of Harrison Wells this time, though — he was in his actual form, blonde hair and all.

Her eyes narrowed in anger and she reached out her hand. Instantly, she connected to Thawne's mind. Juliet wrenched her hand back before pushing it away from her, causing Thawne to fly up into the air and slam into a fence. At the same time, Barry sped in.

Barry put his hands on Dr. McGee's shoulders. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Dr. McGee responded, sounding a bit shaken up.