TWENTY-SEVEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENsome things just make sense, and one of those is you and I

some things just make sense, and
one of those is you and I

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

FOR SOMEONE WHO had never thrown a football properly in her life, Juliet was doing pretty well closing the breaches with the breach implosion reactor.

Since Barry and Harry had already closed one breach, that meant there were fifty-one breaches left. Leaving the one at S.T.A.R. Labs, Juliet and Barry had split the other fifty in half, so each of them were to close twenty-five. It was kind of fun, hopping in different areas around the city and throwing the reactor in. Not to mention it was diminishing the chances of Zoom just hopping in between worlds so easy.

Finally, Juliet shot the final breach. She smiled triumphantly and teleported back to S.T.A.R. Labs just as Barry sped in, finishing closing his breaches as well. Juliet placed her breach implosion reactor on the table while Barry tossed his to Cisco, who caught it easily.

"They shoot, they score," Cisco said.

"Not bad for a guy who got a C in gym," Barry replied.

Juliet shrugged. "Somehow managed to get a B."

"D plus," Caitlin added.

Cisco pointed to himself. "Straight up F right here."

"I can't believe it. We closed all the breaches."

Juliet focused on the screen, which was highlighting the biggest breach — the one right under them. "All except for the one here, our only way to Earth-Two."

"Ready?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, J and I just have a few things to take care of first," Barry revealed.

"Just a reminder, Allen, St. James . . . clock's ticking."

"It always is."

So, the thing they had to take care of was actually just having dinner with Iris and Joe. Juliet sat at the table next to Iris, finishing up the last bits of her dinner. If there was going to be one thing she totally hated about going to Earth-Two, it was leaving Iris behind. They only had forty-eight hours over there, and her and Iris were practically inseparable.

"You know you haven't made lasagna since I left for college?" Barry questioned.

"Well, college is a hell of a lot closer than another Earth," Joe responded. He then pointed at Barry. "Hey, did you tell Henry?"

Barry shook his head. "No. I — look, if he knew, he would just try to talk me out of it and he probably would, so . . ."

"Dad, can you give us a minute?" Iris inquired.