TWENTY-TWO

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWOdid you ever hear about the girl whogot frozen?

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
did you ever hear about the girl who
got frozen?

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

A LITTLE WHILE later, Juliet did indeed find herself wearing a dress — black tie event, after all. It was navy blue and strapless, decorated with flower designs and sparkles. The bottom half of the dress spread out into something more sheer so that her legs peeked through. She paired with black heels, and her hair was straight, cascading down her back.

The museum was bustling with people in fancy attire. Juliet, Barry, Jay, and Caitlin all entered, blending into place with their own tuxes and dresses.

Barry sighed. "All right. Keep your eyes open for the Turtle. A sentence I never thought I would say." He then extended her arm out to Juliet. "Would you care to join me, forever lover?"

Juliet grinned a little at him and tucked her hand into the crook of his elbow. "I would love to."

They walked through the museum. It was pretty, with all of the art and the glittering lights. Juliet smoothed her hand down her dress a bit, feeling the sparkles on her skin.

Barry leaned his head down closer to Juliet. "Have I told you tonight that you look like a dream?"

"I've been called, pretty, beautiful, and gorgeous ever since I stepped out of my apartment," Juliet replied. "Dream is a new one." She then reached up and pressed a kiss to his jaw. "You look handsome."

Barry nodded to the center portion of the room, where couples were dancing to classical music. "Do you want to dance? I want to talk to you."

"Sure," Juliet said.

They moved to the middle, which was the only open space. Barry put his hands on her waist and Juliet put his around his neck. She stared up at him, the familiar sensation of a racing heart coming back to her. Underneath the glittering string lights on the staircase, Barry looked quite angelic.

Her eyes trailed across his face. "Are you okay?"

"You're my favorite person in the whole world," Barry admitted. "I'm sorry I was hiding the nightmares. I just . . . I thought that if I said it out loud, it meant that it would be a possibility."

"It's not a possibility," Juliet insisted. "That newspaper in the Time Vault. Thawne was from the future, right? Gideon said Juliet Allen, and they probably knew about Zoom. It means I live." She held onto him a little tighter. "I promised you I'm not going anywhere. I tend to keep it."

"I just . . . losing you would be—"

"Blue like I've never known?" Juliet joked.

Barry shook his head. "What I'm trying to say is, I can't live without you." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead, making her close her eyes in content. "I love you."