THIRTY-ONE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONEgirl goes fast

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
girl goes fast

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

"STOP MAKING THE water splash on us, Juliet."

"But what's the fun in that?"

Barry had said that he wanted to get faster, so they set up a training program. Juliet was there as well for said training program, ready to hone in on her powers so they wouldn't keep flickering out. If she got more powerful on Earth-One, there was no reason why she wouldn't be able to stop anyone from Earth-Two.

So, Cisco took them to one of the waterfalls near Central City, where Barry would jump across with a push from Juliet. And — like Cisco said — Juliet had been mind-controlling the water to spray on them when they were least expecting it.

Juliet, Barry, and Cisco walked to the edge of the cliff they were on. She peered down below. Honestly, it was an extremely far drop, so much it was making her nervous, and she wasn't even the one jumping.

Cisco tossed a rock over the edge, watching as it fell, and fell, and fell into the pool of water down below. "Whoo-hoo-hoo. Uh, it didn't look this deep on the map."

"That's 'cause maps are flat," Barry replied. "This is, like, a thousand feet deep."

"Well, you want to get faster. Maybe plummeting to your death is the motivation you need."

"So, to reach escape velocity, you're gonna have to go . . ." Harry did an equation on his notepad before turning it to them. "That fast."

Juliet blinked at the number. "Damn, dude."

"Well, that fast is impossible, I can promise you that," Barry stated.

"Ah, nothing in life is promised except death," Harry quoted.

"Edgar Allan Poe?"

"Kanye West."

Juliet rolled her eyes. "I hate that guy."

"If it makes you feel any better, Evel Knievel cleared a line of cars that was twice this long, and he didn't even have superpowers, unless you count that sweet ass ride," Cisco cut in.