TWENTY-FIVE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVEbest friend duties

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
best friend duties

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

"REMIND ME WHY I'm doing this again?" Juliet asked.

In order to pay for Francine's medical bills, Wally had been a part of an underground drag racing ring in Central City. Except even though Francine was gone now, Wally was still doing it. According to Iris, Joe was just letting him do it, but she wanted to know why.

Which was why Juliet was walking next to Iris towards where the drag races took place. She was wearing a short black mini skirt decorated with large white stars, a cropped white tank top, a dark jean jacket, and black heeled boots. Her hair was curled, half of it tied up, and her lips were painted a shade of red as bright as her energy. She could've been with Barry, pressing kisses on his face until his skin was littered with lipstick, but Iris had insisted she come.

And now she maybe knew why. As they walked towards Wally and some people he was talking to, passing by all of the cars, wolf whistles came from left and right. Iris had obviously played the part, too — blue streaks in her hair, short shorts, tank top, furry jacket — but girls did have strength in numbers, after all.

Iris gave her an innocent smile. "Because you love me."

Juliet sighed. "You drag me into way too many fucking things, Iris."

"And yet you always agree."

Juliet thought about it for a moment as they stopped in front of Wally. "That's . . . actually so true."

"What the hell are you doing here, aside from trying to send me to therapy?" Wally demanded.

"I told you, I did some research," Iris replied, her and Juliet following after him. "I thought it would be a good idea for a story for the paper, plus I thought this would be a great way for us to really get to know each other. I mean, I want to know what's so great about this that you can't let go, bro."

Wally looked at Juliet, honestly just seeming confused. "And what are you doing here?"

"Best friend duties," Juliet answered. "Wherever she goes, I'm not far behind."

Iris nodded in agreement. "We're a package deal."

Wally looked incredibly exasperated. "No one here is eager to get their picture in the paper, you got me?"

"And which part of the paper? The front where they put the mugshots or in the back in the obituary section?"

"Yo, why don't you just take a page out of your dad's book. Let me do what I'm gonna do, okay? I don't need a big sister."