THIRTY-SEVEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVENhero with or without the speed

hero with or without the speed

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

WHILE CISCO AND Jesse worked on the cells, Juliet and Barry worked on facial recognition. However, when they ran his face through the system, they found him — in real time, breaking in somewhere. Barry quickly texted Cisco, and in about a minute, he came back upstairs with Jesse.

"Yo," Cisco called.

"In here," Barry replied.

"I got your text. What's up?"

"All right, facial recognition just picked up Grey breaking into Ace Chemical down on Newbury Road."

"Is my dad with him?" Barry asked.

"Not sure," Juliet answered. She then teleported into her suit before materializing again in front of Jesse. "I'll report back to you."

Barry picked up his jacket and Harry's gun. "I'm coming with."

"The hell you are." Juliet walked into the cortex quickly. "If you get hurt, you're going to take serious damage. Need I remind you that you don't have speed healing? Trust me, Scarlet's got it."

"Juliet—"

"Barry." She stopped, giving him a look. "I know you want to help, but please, let me handle it."

"J, I can't just sit here," Barry argued. "Regardless whether I have my speed or not, I have to try to help. That's never gonna change."

Her eyes trailed across his face, her defenses breaking down. "Fine. But you stay behind me the entire time."

"Joe's coming, too. He'll stick with me."

"And I'm with you two," Cisco added.

"I'm coming with," Jesse insisted.

"No, look, please just stay here," Barry said. "We don't know what we're dealing with yet. Just finish running the test on the blood sample. I'm sorry. Thank you, Jesse."

Juliet then extended her hands to Barry and Cisco. They took them, and instantly, Juliet teleported the three of them to Ace Chemical. Joe pulled up outside the same time they arrived. He gave Cisco an extra gun as a precaution before pulling out his. Juliet raised her hand, signaling them to back off a bit, before walking into the warehouse.