FORTY-THREE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER FORTY-THREEdid some force take you becauseI didn't pray?

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
did some force take you because
I didn't pray?

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

SOMEHOW, TALKING PEOPLE out of stupid shit seemed to be a new part of the superhero job description. Ever since Juliet and Barry had given Wally a chance and talked to him, he had been acting out. In other words, he was acting reckless by fighting against Zoom's Metahumans from Earth-Two, and Joe wasn't the biggest fan of it.

Juliet teleported to Wally in her suit, already making her vocal cords vibrate so her voice would be masked, and there was a slight red blur over her face. Barry instantly sped in next to her, making her hair fly off of her shoulder onto his back. The two of them looked at Wally, who was sitting in his car with a police radio he had taken.

"Stealing is illegal, you know," Barry began. "Detective West tells us that you've been fighting Zoom's army on your own."

Wally nodded. "Yeah. I want to help."

"Admirable," Juliet commented. "We respect it. But if you really want to help . . . leave it to the police."

"Like you two did."

"We do have powers, Wally," Barry insisted. "It is a little different. This isn't your fight. It's ours."

"No, it's all of ours," Wally argued. "This is my city too now. It's up to all of us to protect it."

"Barry, Juliet, we got a major Metahuman alert at Fifth and Main, get there," Cisco instructed over the comms.

"On it," Juliet replied. She then pointed at Wally for a second while walking backwards. "This conversation isn't over."

She then turned and teleported away to the intersection that Cisco told her to. Once she landed, and Barry sped in next to her, she focused her attention to the person standing there.

"Why is it always so difficult to choose?" the woman complained in a very familiar voice, turning around to face them.

Juliet froze, her eyes widening in disbelief. Because standing in front of her was the very same girl that was supposed to be dead — in fact, the one who Juliet had just gone to a funeral for, and the one who Oliver Queen said he would kill the one who ended her life too early.