001,

pre-season one
"the beginning of the end."

001

001. silence.

THE WORLD had gone to shit, and quite frankly, lydia grey was terrified. lydia found out about the outbreak in the most traumatic way, the twenty-five year old was visiting her parents on a normal saturday morning. the day it started.

she loved seeing her parents, and they loved seeing her, and her four month old daughter, eden. it was her favourite thing to do every weekend. the girl was a single mom, her boyfriend having left her after finding out she was pregnant, she now worked in a bookstore in king county, georgia to get away from him and the past. she lived in the apartment upstairs of the bookshop, whilst her parents lived in a house a few miles away from the harrison memorial hospital.

apart from having a shitty ex-boyfriend, in her opinion, she had a good life. loving parents, an adorable baby daughter, and ( most of the time ) happy customers at the shop.

lydia grey rocked eden in her arms as she walked inside the house, it was unusually silent. usually, the radio would be playing or even the tv. she assumed they were in the garden, or at the store.

the woman switched on the tv and left to make eden her milk, putting her keys on the island as she checked the garden through the window, but her parents weren't there. she frowned, but thought nothing of it. however, as she fed the baby, she did not expect to see a zombie outbreak broadcasted on tv. "what the fuck..." she mumbled, sitting up.

the blonde immediately pulled her phone out, dialling her moms number. it rang a few times, but what confused her was the fact she heard it ringing upstairs.

surely if they were up there, they would've heard her enter the house and come down?

she slowly stood up, clutching eden tightly as she headed for the stairs. she made sure to rock the baby slightly in her arms so that she didn't stir, and slowly made her way towards her parents room. something wasn't right.

letting out a shakey breath, she closed her eyes before opening the door. lydia grey let out a scream in horror as she saw two dead people wandering aimlessly across the room, claws out scratching the walls and bumping into things. her heart raced as she realised it was her mom and dad, and her eyes brimmed with tears.

the woman began to panic, what the fuck has happened to them? where do i go? why the fuck is there a zombie outbreak broadcasted on tv? i can't survive on her own with a four month old baby!

lydia immediately slammed the door shut and rushed into the baby's spare room, grabbing a backpack as large as possible and packing all the essentials for eden, and then running to her childhood bedroom, picking out any spare clothes she could find that would still fit. lydia then rushed to the kitchen and packed as much baby formula, food and bottles of water that she could.

and then, she ran.

sorry the first few chapters will be short but when i get into the actual episodes they will be longer !