005,

season one, episode one.
"days gone bye"

005. God forgive us.

THEY DROVE for a little while, switching placing every so often before pulling over after seeing a walker with half its body. rick panicked, thinking it was lori as lydia shook her head, telling him it wasn't her. still, the two walked over to her, disturbed and guilty looks on their faces as rick put it out of its misery.

they quickly got back to the car, knowing the gun shot would be heard soon enough and continued on their journey, even passing the place where rick got shot. "broadcasting on emergency channel. will be approaching atlanta on highway eighty-five. anybody reads, please respond." lydia spoke into rick's walkie talkie as he looked at the road.

she held it for a few moments, praying for a responce. "hello? can anybody hear me?" she asked again, as they heard slight crackling, and a few broken words before she huffed, "fucking reply then!" she snapped. rick couldn't help but laugh at the girl, as she rolled her eyes.

"hey—he-" she heard as lydia sat up in interest. "ye- can-hear-through-over!" rick and lydia shared a confused look at the woman's voice. there was a pause, as lydia tried to reply.

"fucks sake." she muttered.

"hey, we'll be fine, just like you said. we're the ones who live, remember?" rick reassured as she glanced up at him, putting a smile on her face before nodding at his words. rick smiled and then pulled down the mirror, as he paused. there was a picture of him, lori she carl hung in there.

lydia looked up at it, before moving her gaze out the window. she felt eden stir in her arms, but simply rocked her. "c'mon." rick said as he pulled up by a field, she nodded and got out, grabbing her backpack whilst rick got the duffel bag full of guns. they started on the walk towards atlanta on the highway.

the sun was shining brightly, and lydia worried about eden's head, trying to cover it with her jacket, rick noticed and took his sherif's hat off, gently putting it on her. they both laughed at the size difference of the hat and eden's head, but lydia thanked him. they found a house near the field and walked over to it, heading up the pathway as rick called out, "hello? can i borrow some gas?"

"i doubt there's anyone there, dumbass." the girl scoffed as he sent her a look, before continuing to walk up to the house as she rolled her eyes but followed. the two looked into the windows to see if anyone was in the house, but it seemed empty.

lydia was about to say 'i told you so' but froze when she looked into a window, her mouth falling open. "rick." she called out nervously. the man walked over and his eyes widened as he looked in. inside the room was writing painted in blood which said "god forgive us!" and dead bodies son the floor and sofa.