009,

season one, episode three.
"tell it to the frogs"

008. he's not around anymore.

LYDIA WOKE up to eden's crying as she sighed slightly, rubbing her eyes and sitting up as she got up and lifted eden out of the makeshift cot dale had given her.

she got herself dressed into one of the outfits she found in her backpack, it was simply a black vest top with some green cargos. she had her machete in the sheath on her back and managed to put her hair into two french plaits which finished into two low buns, her usual hairstyle. she then got eden dressed and put their change of clothes back into her backpack.

she left the tent to see everybody else up already, and was slightly embarrassed since she slept in so late. "hey," someone said as she turned to see rick. "morning." she replied, he smiled down at eden, ruffling her baby hairs.

"you sleep well?" he asked and she nodded.

"yeah. best sleep in a while i'd say...what about you?" she asked, he nodded in agreement.

"yeah, same with me. carl was talkin' about you last night." he mentioned.

"he was?" lydia raised a brow, confused as she glanced over at the young boy who was watching them.

"he kept asking if he could hold eden. will not let it go." rick said as lydia began to laugh, causing rick to join in, ignoring a certain someone giving them a slight glare from where carl sat.

"i'll go see him now." lydia said, switching eden onto her hip and walking over to carl and lori. "hey, good morning." she smiled politely as lori sent her a nod as a greeting, and carl beamed.

"your dad told me you want to hold eden." lydia crouched down to carl's level with a small smile. carl nodded hopefully. "she's quiet heavy, but here." she trailed off. lydia carefully placed eden in his arms, whilst still keeping her supported as carl smiled in content.

"she's so cute!" carl giggled as he stared at the baby.

"she sure is." lydia smiled warmly at the young boy.

"so, where's her father?" lori asked curiously.

if i get asked one more damn time. she thought as she looked up at the slightly older woman. "he's not around." she said simply as lori hummed.

"where is he? sorry, i'm being nosy." she chuckled.

"it's alright...last i heard he was in prison. i have no idea where he is now." she said with a small smile.