020,

season two, episode five.
"chupacabra"

020. this isn't over, ill find you.

LYDIA GREY held her daughter with a small smile on her face. thanks to hershel and his family, she was a lot healthier than before. she bounced the baby in her lap and tickled her cheeks.

her smile slowly faded as she remembered what it was like before. before everything.

loud crying could in the delivery room, screaming even, but lydia only had a smile on her face as the newborn laid on her chest, happy tears flooding from lydia's eyes.

"you're beautiful." lydia whispered, instantly falling in love with her baby girl. she knew from that moment she would do anything for her, but she also knew she had to escape from the relationship she was in.

somehow.

james edwards stood next to the bed, looking tired and grumpy. "can i hold her now or what?" he sighed. the midwife looked at him in slight alarm, throughout her whole labour, all he had done was complain that it was taking too long and he was tired.

he hadn't even held her hand once when she was crying, no, screaming in pain.

"the mother generally has first contact." the midwife smiled lightly at the man she was silently terrified of.

"yes well that's been and gone now. give her to me—" james reached out to pick the crying baby up as lydia sat up, the tears forming in her eyes again.

"sir, it is really important for the baby to stay with the mother for a few more moments." the midwife continued.

"i don't care what's important! she's my daughter too!" james snapped as the midwife stopped, and walked over to lydia who's lip was trembling.

the midwife used a cold flannel to pat lydia's forehead, and she held her hand. "how are you feeling? do you have a name in mind?"

"eden." lydia said softly. "her name is eden."

"finally, the one thing we agree on." james scoffed, carelessly giving the newborn to a doctor before leaving, claiming he need to go for a smoke.

lydia took eden back from the doctor. "she's very healthy." the midwife smiled at the new mother.

eden began to cry again as lydia cuddled her closely. the midwife sat up, sending lydia a gentle smile. "eden, do you want some help?" she asked knowingly.