003,

season one, episode one.
"days gone by"

003. is this real?

RICK AND lydia made their way to rick's house, to see if lori and carl would still be there. the ex-sheriff was still struggling to walk, so she had to help him every so often, whilst still carrying eden in her arms. once they arrived, she had to jog after the man as he ran into the house, desperately calling his wife and son's name.

"lori? carl!" he yelled out as he rummaged through the house. most of it had been packed away, drawers carelessly placed on the bed, clothes on the floor. "carl!" he yelled again, tears filling his eyes.

lydia watched, her eyes filled with sadness as she watched the man begin to sob as he searched every room in the house, before collapsing onto his knees, painful sobs leaving his lips. "carl!" he cried out as he laid on the floor.

the blonde made her way over to him, kneeling down next to him as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "we'll find them. i promise."

"is this real? am i even here?" he whispered as she stared, looking down as she rocked eden in her arms.

"c'mon." she whispered as they both stood up and walked out of the house and rick sat down on the steps.

lydia was about to speak, but paused as she noticed a man in black walking across the street. "look, the man." rick pointed, looking confused, almost trying to wave him over as he looked closer. "that ain't no man, rick. it's one of the dead." lydia realised.

however, she jumped as a shovel smacked rick in the face, before the unknown young boy turned to her. "what the fuck!?" she jumped up. a gunshot could be heard as an older man on the street shot the dead.

"daddy! i got one! i'm gonna smack him dead! he was gonna kill the lady!" the boy yelled.

"he's alive, not dead!" lydia exclaimed quickly, holding her hand out.

"and she's delusional!" the young boy yelled out.

"carl...i found you." rick whispered, closing his eyes and leaning his head back onto the grass.

"he say somethin?" the unknown man asked his son. "he called me carl." the boy replied.

"hello? i'm right here! he's not the dead!" lydia repeated.

"son, you know they don't talk." the man scoffed before pointing his gun at lydia, who cradled eden in her arms, covering the baby's head. "what's the bandage for?" he then asked rick.