016,

season two, episode one.
"what lies ahead"

016. yo, j.c, you taking requests?

THE NEXT morning, rick gathered everyone around and put down the case of weapons carl has found the day before.

"everybody take a weapon." rick said as lydia motioned to the machete on her back, "i already got one."

rick nodded at her and the others took one. "these aren't the kind of weapons we need. what about the guns?" andrea spoke up in annoyance.

"andrea, what is your obsession with guns?" lydia asked in confusion as andrea sent her a look.

"we've been over that. daryl, rick and i are carrying the guns. we can't have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles." shane spoke up after lydia.

"it's not the trees i'm worried about." andrea muttered bitterly.

"say somebody fires at the wrong moment, a herd happens to be passing by. see, then it's game over for all of us. so you need to get over it." shane finally snapped as andrea scoffed.

"the idea is to take the creek up about five miles. turn around and come back down the other side. chances are she'll be by the creek. it's her only landmark." daryl spoke up as they all nodded slowly.

"stay quiet and stay sharp." rick told them all, "keep space between you but always stay within sight of each other."

"everybody assemble your packs." shane said as lydia was about to make a comment about minions assemble but decided it probably wasn't the right moment.

"dale, keep on those repairs. we gotta get this rv ready to move." rick said to dale who nodded and got started.

"we won't stay here a minute longer then we have to." he replied. "good luck out there, bring sophia back."

"keep an eye on carl and eden while we're gone." rick said as lydia looked down at eden.

she frowned at rick who nodded reassuringly, "you can't take her out there." he told her quietly as she looked down at her again.

"i will watch her every every move. can she crawl yet?" dale asked with a smile as lydia looked at him.

"i've been trying to get her to." she said as dale smiled, nodding.

she hesitantly handed her over to dale who smiled happily and carl then looked up at them both. "i'm going with you. you need people, right? to cover as much ground as possible."