011,

season one, episode five.
"wildfire"

011. my family, they're alive.

LYDIA GREY sat with rick grimes the next morning with a walkie talkie as they tried to reach morgan, the both of them looking over the city. "morgan," rick began, "i don't know if you're out there...i don't know if you wanna hear us. maybe you're listening right now. i hope so."

"we found others. my family, they're alive, if you can believe it." he continued as lydia smiled lightly at the man, "lydia's here, with eden." he said as lydia muttered a hi.

"i wanted you to know that...i found them." rick said slowly as lydia listened. the both of them had no idea the true meaning to those words, and they still wouldn't until much later on in the apocalypse.

"there's something else you need to know. atlanta isn't what we thought. it's not what they promised. the city is...do not enter the city. it belongs to the dead now." rick said firmly as lydia sighed, hoping that morgana and his son would make it.

"we're camped a few miles northwest up by a big abandoned rock quarry. you can see it on a map. i hope you come find us. but be careful. last night walkers came outta the woods. we lost people. watch yourself, morgan. take care of your boy. i'll try you again tomorrow at dawn." rick said before turning off the walkie and the two of them walked back to camp.

andrea was still sat by amy, and hadn't moved all night. everyone was sat around the camp, their head in their hands as they stayed silent, apart from lori trying to convince andrea to let amy go.

daryl decided to break the silence and slam his pickaxe into every walkers head he saw. "do you mind?" lydia raised a brow when a bit of blood splattered on her worn down converse.

"nah." daryl replied and smashed the walkers head in as the blonde rolled her eyes at him, watching as he and t-dog chucked the walker bodies into the fire.

"she still won't move?" rick asked as he came and sat down next to her, both of them ignoring the look lori gave them.

"no. lori tried talking to her...she didn't reply." she said quietly as rick sighed, "i'll try, but i don't want eden near...amy." she spoke again as rick nodded, and smiled at eden expectantly as lydia chuckled.

"you want her for a little bit?" she asked as rick nodded and lydia smiled, handing eden to rick who grinned. "her bottles in the bag. i haven't started to feed her solid food yet." she said as she took of the backpack for what was probably the first time since the outbreak.

rick nodded, and looked after eden whilst lydia headed over to andrea, "hey lydia?" he called out as she turned to face him.

"happy birthday." he said as lydia smiled lightly, "how'd you know about that?" she asked.