006,

season one, episode two.
"guts"

006. make a run for it.

LYDIA SLOWLY looked at rick, and then back at the walkie as her eyes widened, a smile falling onto her lips. "hey! are you alive in there?" the voice asked again.

"should i?" rick asked hesitantly.

"yes!" the girl answered impatiently, lifting up eden who was laying down by her legs. rick jumped up at her outburst, so quick he banged his head and quickly answered. "hello?"

"there you are...you had me wondering." the voice sighed of relief. "and the girl? the baby, they in there too?" he asked as rick looked back at lydia.

"yeah, we're all here. where are you? outside?" rick asked quickly, breathing heavily. "can you see us?" he asked.

"yeah, i can see you. you're surrounded by walkers. that's the bad news."

"what's the good news?" lydia moved over to speak.

"...there is none." the voice answered quietly as she rolled her eyes. "listen here kind sir, i'm a little claustrophobic and stressed in here. my daughter is hungry. so—" she began in annoyance.

"oh, you should see it from over here... there's a sore nearby, i'm sure there's a load of baby formula." he added quickly. "you got any advice for us?" rick asked desperately.

"yeah, i'd say make a run for it"

lydia looked up at rick and shook her head. there was no way they'd make it. he sent her a look, causing her to roll her eyes and finally nod at him. "listen, my ways not as dumb as ur sounds. you've got eyes on the outside here. there's one geek still up on the rank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horses went down—" the boy was cut off by lydia's gasp.

"not vernon!" she exclaimed in horror.

"what?" he asked impatiently. "the horse." rick sighed in annoyance.

"right...anyway—you with me so far?" the boy spoke again as lydia looked down, saddened for the poor horses. "yeah, so far."

"okay—the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. if you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance. is the baby gonna be okay?" he asked worriedly, lydia looked down at eden who was sleeping and she nodded silently.

"yeah, she's fine." rick whispered. "you got ammo?" the unknown boy asked. rick sighed, "in that duffel bag i dropped out there, and guns. can we get to it?"