024,

season two, episode nine.
"triggerfinger"

024. relief.

LYDIA GREY was not worried. nope. not at all! she was not worried at the fact that glenn and rick still hadn't returned from trying to find hershel. no way! im sure they're fine!

"can you stop bouncing your leg up and down? it's so damn annoying." daryl scoffed, snapping her out of her thoughts as she jumped slightly and glanced at him.

"sorry."

"what?"

"i said sorry, dumbass."

"...sorry?" daryl raised a brow as lydia rolled her eyes, muttering a shut up. "the hell is wrong with you? you look all pale and sick and you keep staring at the woods."

"thanks, daryl. that's really kind of you." the woman said sarcastically, sending him a sharp glare before looking back at the woods.

"you worried?"

"what would i be worried about?"

"the fact that rick and glenn ain't back yet." daryl pushed as lydia rolled her eyes, letting out a humerous laugh.

"as if, they've only been gone a few hours." lydia waved him off boredly.

"more like eight hours. they left this morning and even though i don't have a watch i'd guess it's about...nine o'clock?" daryl decided to annoy her further. "also, lori's not back yet. the mad woman ran up to me demanding i looked for rick and glenn and i told her to do it herself, now she's gone."

"what a shame." lydia said unenthusiastically.

to her shock, daryl let out a genuine laugh. "you're a real bitch. you two not friends?" he teased.

"daryl, the fact i'm sat on these steps alone...does that not signify i want to be alone?" she finally spoke, sending him a fake look of annoyance before heading inside. 

"dinners ready." carol said quietly with a small smile. lydia thanked her and sat down next to andrea, and opposite t-dog who both sent her a smile.

"carl, keep your head up, okay? your old man, he's one of the toughest son of a b—" shane began, only to be cut off by patricia.

"no cussin' in the house."

"...sorry"

"lori, dinner!" carol called out.