012,

season one, episode five.
"wildfire"

012. there are no rules.

LYDIA WATCHED with a small frown as she saw carol hesitantly walk over to daryl who was about to finish ed's walker body off. carol had tears in her eyes and shaken hands as she reached out for the pickaxe.

"i'll do it. he's my husband." she said as lydia looked down at eden, who was napping and then back to carol and daryl. the man looked at her hesitantly, an expression on his face that lydia couldn't read as he slowly handed it to her.

tears fell down carol's face as she looked at her husband, lifting the axe up and harshly slamming it down onto its head as lydia winced, still not completely used to the violence. daryl watched her carefully, slightly concerned as carol went a little crazy on the man.

carol wiped her tears and handed the axe back to daryl who didn't say anything, but nodded at her as carol walked away. lydia patted the seat next to her with a sympathetic smile. "you okay?...sorry. stupid question."

carol nodded slowly, "i'm sorry for what he did." she whispered as lydia sighed.

"you don't be sorry. you done nothing wrong. i won't speak to much on him cause i'll say shit you won't wanna hear right now. but just know i'm here for you." lydia said sincerely as carol nodded understandingly.

"it's just sophia's gonna grow up without a daddy now." carol cried as lydia sighed, nodding.

"i know. you're a strong woman, carol. she don't need a father. especially one like that. eden's gonna be the same. and hell, it's hard, but i'm glad she ain't got him around."

carol listened, nodding along every so often. "you're a sweet girl, lydia. thank you." she smiled as lydia returned it, before glancing over at andrea who looked at amy in shock.

"oh shit." lydia whispered, noticing amy had turned into a walker, her hands moving slowly and she began to growl slightly. andrea placed a hand on amy's cheek and gasped when amy's eyes opened.

"amy." andrea whispered as amy turned her head and looked at her, her hand lifting up slowly, which andrea didn't notice. "amy. i'm sorry."

andrea spoke quietly to amy who suddenly sat up and attempted to bite the woman, who seemed to not care in that moment. "rick, shane." lydia called out warningly as she jogged over to the two of them.

the two men glanced at her, and where she was looking and widened their eyes as they too made their way over slowly. "i love you." andrea whispered, before pulling the trigger no one knew she had.