004,

season one, episode one.
"days gone by"

004. frozen in place.

LYDIA WOKE up to morgan telling her and rick they would go outside to train how to kill a walker. duane promised lydia he would look after eden, so she reluctantly left the four month year old with him, but was reassured once the young boy started playing with her.

"are we sure they're dead?" rick whispered once they got outside. lydia rolled her eyes at him. clueless man. "i had to ask one more time." he noticed her facial expression, laughing slightly.

"yes, they dead. except for somethin' in the brain. that's why it's gotta be the head." morgan whispered as rick and lydia slowly walked towards the walker who was laying down with a bat and an axe. hearing them, the walker got up almost immediately and began to make its way towards them.

lydia backed up a bit, but when rick swung the bat at its head, she nodded to herself and used the axe to smash its head in half. "phew." she pushed the stray hairs out of her face. rick fell slightly due to the pain in his shot wound, and she turned around. "you alright?"

"need a moment." the man whispered as she nodded. "can i go see eden now?" she asked morgan who chuckled, amused. however, he nodded and they walked inside to rick's house.

rick and morgan soon followed behind as rick spoke up slowly, "they're alive. my son. my wife." he began, his eyes looking over to lydia to see her walking in the room, eden on her hip. she nodded at him, knowing she made a promise to find him. "at least they were when they left." he added, a concerned frown on his face.

"how can you know?" morgan asked as duane tugged on lydia's sleeve. she looked down at him and he lifted his arms out, she chuckled and carefully handed eden to him. duane beamed. "by the look of this place...i-" morgan continued.

"we found empty drawers in the bedroom. they packed some clothes. enough to travel." rick explained briefly. he glanced over at the interaction between duane and lydia and chuckled lightly. "you know anybody could've broken in here and stole them clothes right?" morgan raised a brow.

rick shook his head, pointing to the walls. "you see the framed photos on the walls?" he asked as lydia pulled a face. there was none. "neither do i." he told them as she nodded in interest. "some random thief take those too, you think?"

lydia smiled lightly at his words, he was sarcastic. to her, this was one of the reasons why they got along so well. both unbelievably sarcastic and blunt. she walked further into the room, looking around curiously as rick opened up a cabinet. "our photo albums, family pictures, all gone."