019,

season two, episode four.
"cherokee rose"

019. he died as he lived, in grace.

LYDIA GREY was in shock. shock was an understatement, actually. shane walked out of the farm house his morning, and despite everything going on—lydia couldn't help but laugh.

"what the fuck has happened to your hair?" she exclaimed between laughs. he had completely shaved it off.

"to hell with you, lydia." shane waved her off as lydia put a hand over her mouth to muffle her giggles.

they all helped collect large rocks, why? lydia didn't know, but she chose not to question it just as they heard the faint sound of a motercycle.

"eden." a smile broke out onto lydia face as she raced over to the rv and daryl's motorcycle. within seconds, before dale could even park, eden was in lydia's arms, giggling, as the young mother showered her with affection.

the rest of the the greene family watched curiously as she came back over to them, now smiling happily as glenn cheered and rufffled eden's hair which had started to grow.

"the best member of the group has returned!" t-dog beamed, tickling eden's chin as lydia grinned.

"her first word better be glenn." glenn said seriously as t-dog rolled his eyes. "nuh-uh. eden, say t dog!"

"if her first word ain't mama i'm going to riot." lydia said seriously as they all laughed.

rick and lori came out of the house. lydia would be lying if she didn't laugh inside when eden made grabby hands to rick when he walked over. rick smiled, picking her up and lifting her in the air slightly, before bringing her back down and tickling her. "did i tell you? she's crawling now." lydia said proudly.

"no way." rick said between smiles. "that's amazing. she'll be walking tomorrow." he joked.

lydia grinned up at him, ignoring the look lori had on her face as eden babbled.

"we have food for the baby. if you need it." hershel told her politely as lydia turned to him with a relieved smile.

"thank you so much, sir. that would be great." she replied as he nodded with a small smile.

"did you see shane's hair...what happened to it?" lydia muttered to rick who let out a laugh, covering his mouth.

"midlife crisis i'm guessing." he joked as they shared another laugh.