015,

season two, episode one.
"what lies ahead"

015. lost.

day sixty six.

LYDIA GREY sat with her group, tired and hungry. they were going to travel one hundred and twenty five miles to fort benning. no way were they going to stay in atlanta. she was heartbroken, southwest of atlanta was her home.  they were officially leaving.

after sixty six days of being in the apocalypse, they were finally moving on. everyone was starting to loose hope, lydia even more so now after hearing dr. edwin jenner tell them that the day will come where they won't be grateful. it replayed in her mind all day, every day.

there was only a few of them left. they had to stick together, fight for each other, be willing to lay down their lives for each other if it came to it. they were a family now...whether daryl dixon liked it or not.

they all climbed into the r.v, police car and daryl on his motorcycle to start their journey. earlier that day, rick had radio'd morgan telling him everything that happened. of course, morgan didn't reply. but it meant they wouldn't be able to contact him anymore.

rick and lori where sat in the front, carl, lydia and eden in the middle and carol and sophia were in the back.

lydia took notice that they drove past the deserted road where her and rick rode down on horses, and she glanced at him from in the drivers seat of the police car. he seemed to be thinking of the same thing, as he sent her a reassuring smile through the mirror.

during the journey, carl had begged to hold eden. so, she let him...however carl had fallen asleep within three minutes, letting poor eden almost fall off his lap. "last time he holds her in a car." lydia joked as rick and carol laughed.

carol rocked eden slightly to settle her, but then they came to a stop. lydia looked out of the window to see over a hundred cars blocking the road. daryl circled back and drove to the r.v window where dale and the others were.

"you see a way through?" dale called out as daryl nodded his head in the direction of the cars and went to have a look.

"can we just go back?" lori asked with a raised brow.

"we can't go back. we haven't got a lot of fuel left." lydia spoke up, noticing the fuel on the police car was low as lori rolled her eyes. rick sent her a look, making lori turn to face the window.

they drive through slowly, trying to find a way past the cars and following daryl. lydia grimaced seeing the dead bodies in each of the cars.

all of a sudden, something burst in dale's r.v and he came to a stop. the engine spluttered as rick had no choice but to stop as well to see what was going on.

"i said it, didn't i? thousand times. dead in the water." dale muttered angrily as they walked over.

"problem, dale?" shane asked as he got out of the r.v.