002,

season one, episode one.
"days gone bye."

002

002. we're the ones who live.

day fifty nine.

ALMOST TWO months had passed. two whole months. lydia was running low on supplies, and was loosing more and more sleep each night. eden crying through the night every so often did not help either. but she loved her endlessly, and would do anything for her, so she got through it.

the almost twenty-six year old woman's eyes blinked slowly as she tiredly walked on an isolated road, limping slightly. eden was sleeping in the sling she managed to find along the way, which was getting on the small side, but still fit. she made a mental note to steal a new one soon. she adjusted the strap of the backpack and ignored the aching feeling in her arms as she noticed the harrison memorial hospital come into view.

she sighed of relief, realising there could be some sort of supplies or even civilisation there. she didn't know why she didn't think of the hospital before, but she was grateful she found it again now. eden stirred in her sleep as lydia hushed her, rocking her slightly as she jogged towards the hospital doors.

all that could be heard was the faint beeping of a room in the distance, she walked around the abandoned building and searched for any types of food or water, or supplies for eden. the blonde wiped the sweat off her forehead as she walked deeper inside.

she searched through the hospital with a tired look on her face. maybe she could sleep here tonight. she picked up a few extra blankets she found in one of the rooms and then walked towards the hallway.

"hello? please help." a distant voice called out hoarsely as she froze, turning around, eyes scanning the hallways.

"who's there?" she spoke, a hand on the gun she managed to find in an abandoned house a few weeks ago.

"hello? where are you?" the panicked voice called out again as she slowly continued to move forward until she saw a man with a hospital dressing gown on and a white bandage wrapped around his chest as she widened her eyes. the man tilted his head slightly, his blue eyes staring intensely at her.

"who are you?" she asked, the sheriff squinted his eyes slightly.

"i...rick grimes." he whispered, extremely confused.

"lydia grey." she introduced, a slight southern accent lacing her tone, "this is eden." she motioned to the baby in her arms as he looked slightly surprised.

"i remember your name...i think i've arrested you before...yeah. you punched my colleague in the nose a few years back." he spoke quietly, eyes squinting in realisation.

"that would be me."

"she yours?" rick asked her, looking at eden as she nodded silently, covering eden's head protectively. "wh-what happened here? where is everyone?" he asked, sweat trickling down his forehead as she took eden out of the sling to place her on her hip.

"there's been an outbreak. the dead walk with us now...it's been...almost two months since." she explained briefly.

"i don't...i don't understand." he shook his head, putting his hand over his face.

"you've been in a coma. seen it on the news couple months back." she told him and he squinted again as she sighed, "come on," she nodded back to the door as he followed hesitantly. she opened the back door and his eyes widened in horror as there were at least a hundred dead bodies covered up. lydia looked back at him with troubled eyes.

"i need to find lori and carl." he whispered, voice breaking. she frowned, looking confused. "my...my wife and son." he whispered.

lydia looked down at eden, realising how she would feel if she had lost her child, and nodded, "i'll help you." she offered and he nodded, a heartbroken look on his face.

"it's okay, rick. we're the ones who live." she told him, a reassuring smile on her face. he looked up at her, his blue eyes staring in interest as he nodded slowly.

that last quote 😍

that last quote 😍

next chapter will be longer promise.
also it will be slow burn as yk rick is still w lori but not for long 😍

( go look at rositastwd.wp on tiktok 🫢🫢)