018,

season two, episode three.
"save the last one"

018. there's still a chance.

LYDIA, GLENN and t-dog arrived at the farm and stared up at the house awkwardly. glenn glanced at them, noticing t-dog was visibly getting weaker.

"so do we just...ring the bell? it looks like people live here" glenn asked hesitantly as lydia scanned the house windows, trying to see if she could spot anyone.

"i think we're past ringing the bell, glenn." lydia replied as her eyes landed on the girl from the woods sat on the porch bench.

"hey, you!" she called out.

glenn and t-dog looked at where she was walking to and followed as the woman looked at her. "did you close the gate up when you drove in?" the girl asked.

"uh...hi." glenn smiled bashfully.

"yes, we closed it." lydia elbowed him in the ribs subtly as glenn winced. "with the latch and everything."

the girl leant forward so she could see them better as glenn looked down. "nice to see you again...we met before briefly." he continued as lydia rolled her eyes.

"we came to help. anything we can do?" t-dog asked, wincing at the pain of his arm.

her eyes landed on his arm and she widened her eyes, stepping back. "it's not a bite. he just cut himself pretty bad." lydia said immediately.

"we'll have it looked at. i'll tell them you are here." the girl replied with a small smile.

"we have some painkillers and antibiotics. i already gave him some—if carl needs any." glenn handed her the bottles.

"come on inside. i'll make you something to eat." she told them as lydia thanked her and they followed her in.

they walked inside where carl was with hershel, rick and lori. carl looked awful. "hey." glenn said quietly.

they glanced up at them and rick smiled. "hey." he answered, before looking back to carl.

"um, we're here, okay?" glenn reassured as lori thanked them.

"whatever you need." t dog continued, before walking out.

a little while later, lydia heard lori and rick arguing pretty loudly. she tried her best not to listen, but couldn't help but wince when she heard lori admit to saying it could be easier if carl didn't survive.

not long after, rick stormed outside where lydia was sat on the porch, "you okay?" she asked, pretending to be oblivious to their loud yelling.

"i'm okay." he confirmed, although lydia wasnt convinced. 

"where's eden?" he suddenly frowned as lydia sighed.

"with carol. i feel like a terrible mom for leaving her." she complained as rick smiled lightly.

"i think you'd feel less terrible if you knew what lori was thinking right now." there it was. he had said it.

she raised a brow and he blinked, shaking his head. "you wanna talk about it?" she asked as he shook his head.

"long story. wouldn't wanna bore or stress you out."  he said as she nodded slowly, smiling lightly.

"on that note, i'm not sure i wanna know." she joked as he laughed with a nod.

"rick." lori's cold voice cut them off as they glanced at her. "carl's awake."

rick looked at lydia who nodded with an encouraging smile, "go."

rick turned to leave as lori sent her a slight glare, before disappearing inside.

lydia shrugged and also went back inside where the girl's mother, patricia, was stitching t-dog up, so lydia sat down and joined them, engaging in conversation every few moments.

shane arrived back, where he was meant to go with otis and get the supplies to help. "carl?" he asked in a panicked tone.

"there's still a chance." rick told him as shane handed them the bags.

"where's otis?" hershel asked.

"no." shane whispered. "he...he..."

silence. no one knew what to say. until hershel finally spoke up. "we say nothing to patricia!" he ordered them all. "not til after. i need her."

they all rushed back in as rick gave shane a hug, and lydia frowned at the look on shane's face before going inside, not bothering to listen to shane's story.

glenn went to comfort maggie as lydia stayed in the living room, where she met a young girl with blonde hair. "hello, lydia." she smiled.

"uh hello." she replied awkwardly.

"i'm beth. you wanna sing a song with me while we wait for carl to get better?" she asked with a wide grin.

lydia glanced at her, "um...how about you sing, and i'll listen." she replied as beth nodded and began singing a nursery rhyme.

lydia had to stop herself from wincing at her loud belts of twinkle twinkle little star, praying carl would finally wake up and save her from this.

after what felt like hours, hershel returned and told them carl seemed to have stabilized. he was going to get better. they all thanked him, rick even gave him a hug and waited for carl to wake up.

all that could be heard moments later was patricia's loud sobs after being told about otis.

"so much death in this world." lydia sighed at glenn who nodded tiredly.

shane be bald next ep

SaltySeaMonkey here u go i actually remembered to publish it 🙏🏽🙏🏽