6. Better Man

Although Helaena had been looking forward to seeing Peter again she held to her little butterfly Peter had made her as she walked around her chambers trying to figure out a good place to put it before she settled on her nightstand. So every night when she went to sleep she would think of peter and when she woke it was the first thing she saw.

She jumped at the shadow on her balcony. she raised a fist nervously at her intruder.

"Dont kill me!" Peter begged stepping into the dim firelight so she could see him.

"Peter!" Helaena declared dropping the butterfly and running to him.

"Hi, I'm really-" Peter began but she hugged him and nothing had ever felt so right. "Hi." Peter repeated as she pulled back.

"Hi." she echoed feeling embarrassed as she took a step back.

"You like my present?"

"I love it, its beautiful." Helaena agreed. "Thank you Peter." Peter blushed as she picked it up putting it delicately on her dresser. "I wish you could have come today." Helaena added sitting at the edge of her bed. "I was really looking forward to seeing you."

"I"m so sorry Helaena. I wanted to but... I just... I'm really sorry. I was really looking forward to seeing you and maybe dancing with you." Peter offered meeting her gaze. "But I didnt want to embarrass you on your name day."

"You could never." Helaena corrected reaching for his hand. "I wanted you there, I didnt care for anyone else besides Aemond. But I wanted you." Helaena assured him.

"You looked beautiful. I mean you probably looked beautiful, you definitely did look beautiful." Peter offered awkwardly. "I mean you look really beautiful right now and I'm sure in the light you looked equally as beautiful.... I said beautiful way too many times." Peter murmured.

"Thank you Peter. You look really handsome." Peter looked to his shirt sheepishly smiling back at her. "I mean it." Helaena assured. "I wish you could have been there today. I would have loved to dance with you."

"Nights not over." Peter offered as she stood up. He pulled her to him as they swayed. "I'm sorry I wasnt there." He whispered as she leaned into him happily.

"You are here now." Helaena reminded him.

A comfortable silence fell over them as they swayed. She glanced outside seeing the curtains blowing in the wind before looking to Peter.

"Peter?"

"Yes?"

"How did you get up here?" Helaena pondered.

"Through the window."

"Im not on the first floor. Thats a high climb." Helaena realized and Peter swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Im a really good climber." Peter offered.

"Thats dangerous. Especially at night. You can come through the front doors."

"No I couldnt." Peter whispered.

"I think I told every guard at the party to let you in. I think they all know the name Peter Parker by now." Helaena corrected. "They would fetch me and tell me its you."

"Thats sweet but... I... well I didnt know if you would want to see me." Peter admitted "after I was a jerk and missed your name day party."

"Im sure you were busy... it's alright." Helaena remarked. "I can come to your name day party."

"You are the sweetest person alive Helaena," peter decided.

"No you know everyone alive?" Helaena countered with a laugh.

"Of course you dont?" Peter teased and it felt good to laugh. Peters smile faltered when he heard footsteps coming down the hall.

"Im to be married. You are not the boss of me." Aegon spat at his guard ser Erryk. "I can drink however much I like. I will be wed to that moron and that will be the end of my happiness. Now, leave me be to my ale!"

"I wish I could marry you peter." Helaena whispered having heard Aegons declarations down the halls as well.

"You deserve a better man than I." Peter corrected.

"There is no better man."