28. In the Words Not Said

" that's huge right? Peter asked I mean she knows and she's OK with it and she's sorry and seems like she said all the right things..."

"She did just a few years too late." Helaena agreed.

"Paa paa!" Benjen coed from his crib.

"Ahh little man is up!" Peter declared jumping up. Helaena loved how much benjen loved peter. Loved what a good father peter was. Loved Peter. She wanted to lay in bed all day. Peter came back beside her kissing her cheek benjen sat between them babbling happily.

'' All hail Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, Princess of Dragons tone and heir to the Iron Throne and her royal consort, Prince Daemon Targaryen.'' Steffon Darklyn announced as they arrived at the capital.

''Welcome back, Princess.''

''Lord Caswell.'' Rhaenyra remarked as they walked inside. "I would say it's nice to be home, but I scarcely recognize it."

''Mm.'' Daemon agreed looking around it looked like a graveyard. "And no royal welceom what a surpise."

"Princess?" was called with a rap on the door.

"No," helaena whispered as peter got up.

"I will come back in the normal door." Peter offered but the door opened and peter flung himself to the ceiling benjen laughed smiling up at him.

"Hello princess would you like help getting dressed today?"

"No..." although seeing peter crawling the ceiling was entertainment for hours. "I will tend to benjen first. Dyana should be with the twins. I will see them in a moment."

"Of course princess." The door sur and peter dropped to the floor.

"That was close." Peter remarked. Benjen laughed out.

"I love it when daddys on the ceiling too." Helaena agreed. "I like him in my bed better though."

+

"I brought her here immediately. She's seen no one else, Your Grace." Talya remarked.

''Come here, sweetling.'' Alicent said to the girl before her she was crying softly, the door closed after Alicent. ''Tell me your name.''

''It's Dyana, Your Grace. If... i-if it please you.'' She answered nervously.

''Dyana. What a pretty name. I understand you've found yourself in some trouble.'' Alicent said innocently.

''I was fetching the Prince his wine, and I put it on his table, and when I turned... I didn't see him. I asked him to stop, Your Grace. I did, truly... you must believe me" Dyana said through crying breaths.

''Shh. Thank you for telling me, Dyana. I know it wasn't your fault.'' Alicent assured framing her hair around her face. Dyana stared back at her. ''I believe you.'

''Y-You do?' Dyana countered nervously.

''I do. But what I worry about... is what others might believe.' Alicent told her calmly. ''You were alone with the Prince, were you not?''

''Yes, I...'' she stammered out

''And no one else saw what happened between the two of you. If anyone else were to hear about this...'' Alicent reminded her calmly.

''I haven't told anyone.'' Dyana assured.

''You told Ser Erryk and Talya and now me. And though I believe you are not to blame, others might not be so trusting. They might think you were trying to besmirch the Prince, or worse... that you're the sort of girl that might have enticed him in the first place.'' Alicent told her and Dyana stared up nervously at her. ''And you know what happens to girls like that.''

''I, I wouldn't dream of breathing another word to anyone, Your Grace. I, I swear it on my life.'' Dyana begged through shuddering breaths.

"I wonder if Benjen is like you." Helaena pondered as they got ready.

"Can you shoot webs like me?" Peter extended his arm to the window and aent a blast out into the breeze.

"Bam!" Benjen declared copying him but no webs.

"Mini you in the making!" Helaena declared laughing out.

"Bam!" Benjen repeated laughing out.

''I know you won't.'' Alicent assured putting a pouch of coin in her hand ''For your troubles.'' The door opened and closed and a small soft smile appeared on Alicents face

''The tea, Your Grace.' Talya said holding it out. Alicent poured it in the cup.

''It's best to be certain.'' Alicent told her holding it out. Dyana stared at her a moment before taking the tea and drinking it down.

+

''Get up.... Aegon!" Alicent shouted. ''Get up!''

'' Mother? What is it?'' Aegon hissed rolling over still hung over his head in the pillow his ass hanging out.

"What is it? What is it? What is it?" That's all you can say for yourself?'' Alicent hissed.

''Has something happened?' aegon said turning around pulling the sheet with him

''Dyana.''

''Mm?'' aegon said confused.

''The serving girl.'' Alicent hissed aegon still didn't understand. ''Oh, for the gods' sake. The girl, Aegon. The one you sent fleeing from your company.'' Aegon got up stretching out his arms.

''Oh, it was just harmless fun. She didn't need to go and get upset about it.' Aegon remarked nonchalantly. Aegon didnt care for women. Didnt care for his wife didnt care for theirs needs or wants. Didnt care for the word no or stop.

''Think of the shame on your wife, on me. How can you keep carrying on like this, especially on a day like today?'' Alicent countered

''Why? What is it today?'' Aegon asked pulling on his pants.

''You are no son of mine." Alicent hissed marching around the room

''I did not ask for this. I've done everything you've asked me to, and I try so... I try so hard, but it will never be enough for you or father.'' Aegon called after her as Alicent stormed out moving to helenas chambers. She noticed Benjen with Peter right away and wished Aegon took after peter more. His kind and loving ways. Peter was indeed a better man than aegon ever would be and alicent hated to admit that she went so wrong with aegon as he turned out this way.

''Have you seen Dyana? She's supposed to dress the children.'' Helaena asked. Alicent didn't answer. She just hugged her daughter. Peter looked up at them from the floor. Heard alicents rapid heartbeat and knew something was wrong in the words not said.