25. Benjen

Peter stepped closer and placed his hands on Helaenas stomach between them, leaning to press a soft kiss to her cheek. All the air sucked from her lungs at his touch, but he pulled back before Helaena could do anything but barely register the heat that spread from his touch. Just a single touch and her body burned for him. Stupid wonderful hormones.

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" Peter questioned.

"No. Just you," helaena assured.

Helaena was very low maintenance, she tended to her children, she played in the gardens, read up on her flowers and bugs all with peter by her side. He had created a little army of origami for Jaehaerys and Jaehaera of animals and creatures lining their mantel. 

Peter kissed Helaena every morning and then kissed her stomach, which she loved so much. She didnt remember life before him. 

"What are you reading today?" Peter questioned sitting down beside her, Jaehaera pulled at his shirt trying to climb him. Peter picked her up flipping her around, she laughed out, Helaena found herself smiling constantly when Peter was with her. Her cheeks hurt from how happy he made her. 

"I'm trying to find out more about that spider." Helaena remarked. 

"What spider?" Peter teased. 

"I have looked through all the books, I had grandsire request some books from the citadel and no one has it written down, I found a new species peter and it bit you!" Helaena declared. 

"You found it, you get to name it." Peter recalled. 

"I unfortunately can't find it again, trust me I have looked." Helaena remarked. 

"We will take a trip to driftmark after this baby?" Peter offered. "Go looking for it?" 

"It was years ago, who is to say it is still there." Helaena countered. "But I was trying to draw it, I had it drawn before but somewhere between day dreaming about you coming to rescue me and trying to track you down..." Helaena gave him a pointed look. 

"My bad." Peter agreed. 

"I must have never finished the sketch, so now I'm trying to remember, do you?" Helaena pondered. 

"I was really distracted by the prettiest girl in the world." Peter corrected kissing her. 

+

Peter was not allowed in Helaena's chambers for the birth of his child. He hated it, he wanted to be there, what if she needed him? Aegon wasnt going to be anywhere near Helaena, Peter wanted to be there for her. He heard her moans and screams of pain and wanted to apologize for putting her through this. 

"Aunt May, why didnt you ever have kids?" Peter questioned. 

"Because I got you, the best kid ever." May corrected. 

"You are the best aunt ever... you know I think ser Anthony is starting to like you." Peter added and may blushed. "You always encourage me to find love, to chase it and hold onto it. Don't you think its time you open your heart to love again?" 

"I'm happy living vicariously through you, Peter." May assured. "Uncle Ben will be my last kiss, because a part of me is haunted by his memory, because he was mine and mine alone." Peter nodded thinking to Helaena who wasnt really his but she was innocent in her union, she didnt deserve a mean boy like Aegon. Peter wished he would have spoke up sooner, he could have been in there with Helaena, but the story of Peter and Helaena was a messy and beautiful one.

Helaena huffed and puffed thinking it another set of twins with how long this was taking but pushing a baby boy out she held him to her, silver hair violet eyes, she looked for signs of Peter and she was sure he was would be sweet like peter. 

When Peter was finally allowed in Helaena passed their son off and Peter was truly enchanted staring down at the little bundle that was his son. 

"Ours." Peter whispered kissing Helaena's cheek.

"I wanted to name him Benjen." helaena remarked. "What do you think?" Peters lip quivered. 

"I love it." Peter agreed.  "I love you." 

"I love you." Helaena echoed, Peter passed Benjen back to Helaena and he yawned out stretching little arms and legs out before curling back into a ball in Helaena's arms. 

"I can see you lurking aunt may." Helaena remarked. "Come on in."

"Aunt May, meet Benjen." Peter declared proudly. 

"Benjen". May stared down at Helaena and little Benjen.

"Uncle Ben." Peter whispered kissing Mays cheek. Mays eyes had welled with tears as she looked between her nephew and his baby.

"He would have so proud of you. Fighting for love."