14. Massacred Flowers

Kill 'em with kindness / Gregor Clegane out now!

Peter had swung up to her window as he did every time he went to see her but this time he had flowers with him real flowers not fake flowers not homemade flowers but real powers that he picked from the garden of someone else's yard just for her.

 He climbed in the balcony and stared down his flowers they looked a mess. They were falling apart petals started to fall onto the floor immediately and he felt like a failure. He was supposed to be making a good impression.

Now aunt May had to work a double shift and wasn't coming, she was so excited too but hey they had bills to pay but she demanded that Peter go to the castle and have fun with his princess. His princess, Helaena was his princess even if she really wasnt. It felt like at times that Helaena was his. 

So Peter brought dead stolen flowers her family he was sure they would love him now. But she was getting ready and he didn't have time to make an excuse to change plans to run to escape he wasn't good enough for her he didn't know why he was doing this he was going to look a fool and his dead flowers proved that.

"Peter!" she exclaimed moving to him he smiled back at her hiding the flowers behind his back and debated throwing them right out the window but he held them like a damn lifeline. 

"I'm so glad you're here!" she explained "if you didn't show up I was going to have to get Ser Anthony to come and get you." she half teased.

"No I'm here I wouldn't miss it for the world." he assured. 

"What are you got behind your back?" she asked as she tried to peer round him. 

"Nothing. This? Nothing! It's nothing really nothing." he assured as he maneuvered around her so she couldn't see the sad depressing flowers in his grasp.

"Peter did you get me flowers?" she realized smiling softly back at him he sighed pulling them free.

"Yes I did..." he agreed. Peter held them out for her. "I got you flowers and..." He looked down at them they look even more pathetic. 

"Thank you Peter." Helaena smiled down at the flowers as a stem broke a flower bud lay between them. 

"Yeah they're beautiful right?" Peter agreed. 

"Beautiful!" she exclaimed reaching out for them a few more petals fell to the ground as she touched the stems

"I would say put those in some water but honestly I don't think they're going to survive night." Peter remarked and he felt like such a failure and the night hadnt even started yet.  "I didn't mean to massacre your flowers." he added "you see this is why I use fake flowers that way I can't kill them"

"Peter I love them. Thank you." Helaena assured. "No one has even gotten my flowers, real or fake before." 

"You deserve flowers fresh and undead every day for the rest of your beautiful life." Peter corrected and Helaena blushed into the flower. Her silver hair making her crimson blush all the more obvious. 

"I suppose its time to meet the family." Helaena remarked but she didnt want to move from this spot whatsoever. 

"Yeah I guess so." Peter agreed but they stared back at each other a moment longer. "Or we just hide out here."