19. Shirtless Entertainment

"Im sorry." Peter declared taking a step back practically jumping away from Helaena. "I should not have dont that. I should go-"

"No you shouldnt." Helaena begged. "Please peter I want you to stay."

"Im- we..." he spun around his heart racing he could lose his head for doing that. For kissing the princess the very married princess.

"I know you think we can't be together, but can't you respect me enough to let me make my own decision? I know there'll be risks but I want to face them with you. It's wrong that we should be only half alive... half of ourselves. I love you. So here I am... standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?" Helaena pondered.

"You are going to save me?"

"Yes." Helaena agreed taking a step towards him. "Yes I am." She kissed him again and this time he didnt run away.

+

Jaehaerys and Jaehaera loved Peter. Aegon didnt care for them but peter was very good with children it seemed.

Jaehaera had been rather closed off. She examined everything as if it might hurt her. While Jaehaerys was very bubbly he jumped head first and then wailed out when he got hurt reaching for Helaena. But today he reached for peter.

Helaena wished she could have married peter. They would have been perfect together. So she pretended aegon didnt exsist.

"Bam!" Peter declared sticking his hand out and shooting a web across the room. Jaehaera squealed out chasing after the little burst. Jaehaerys stared up at peter from his lap. "Cool right? Your mama likes it. Thought you might too." Peter offered.

Helaena smiled back at him and peter winked at her making her laugh. Smiling came so easily around peter.

"Princess, you queen mother requested a word." Her handmaiden remarked.

"Excuse me peter. You dont mind staying with them do you?" Helaena questioned.

"I will entertain them." Peter assured.

"No disappearing acts peter." Helaena begged.

"I will be right here. Jae and I are going to have a snack it seems." Peter assured. Helaena nodded moving to the door.

Making the kids laugh after they had a snack was a bad idea. Jaehaerys was laughing so hard he spit it back up all over peters shirt.

"Oh shoot..." peter murmured trying and failing at cleaning his shirt. He looked around as Jaehaerys kept laughing out. He tugged his shirt off  dumping it in the water basin trying to clean it and hopefully speed dry it before helaena came back. But he wouldnt be so lucky. Or maybe he was lucky.

"Peter when I said look after the kids you being shirtless wasnt the entertainment I expected from you." Helaena mused looking him over. Peter stared back at her embarrassed.

"No no no i swear

"No no no i swear. We were just playing and I had my shirt on and-" peter held up his shirt. "Jaehaerys was laughing and..."

"If you wanted to take your clothes off im not complaining i like the view." Helaena assured wrapping her arms around him. "You are killing me peter." Helaena whispered against him.

"Cant have that." Peter agreed. Now that he had kissed her he couldnt stop. Helaena didnt want him to stop.