33. Eye For an Eye

"Married off, I mean I suppose you were." peter offered. 

"Aemond has always been my favorite brother, I dont like him giving up the chance to find someone like you." Helaena remarked. 

"I am a one woman kind of man." Peter assured. "And Aemond is not my type. Although he has nice hair." 

"You know what I mean!" Helaena declared slapping a hand at his chest. 

''I'm Princess Lucarys Velaryon. I bring a message to Lord Borros from the Queen.'' He remarked as he got to storms end. They brought him inside and he built up his courage.

''Prince Lucarys Velaryon. Son of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen''. They introduced and Lukes gaze went to Aemond Targaryen.

''I brought you a message from my mother. The Queen.' He corrected.

''Yet earlier this day I received an envoy from the King. Which is it? King or Queen?'' he countered smugly. ''The House of the Dragon does not seem to know who rules it. What's your mother's message? Where's the bloody maester?'' they waited as the maester stepped forward grabbing the scroll. He read it over with distaste. ''Remind me of my father's oath. King Agon at least came with an offer. My swords and banners for a marriage pact. If I do as your mother bids, which one of my daughters will you wed?'' He looked to Aemond, he was to be married as part of their agreement if he sided with Targaryen, Hightower. ''Boy?'

''My lord, I'm not free to marry. I'm already betrothed.'' He answered honestly.

''So you come with empty hands.'' He chuckled ''Go home, pup, and tell your mother that the Lord of Storm's End is not some dog that she can whistle up at me to set against her foes." Luke stared back at him before nodding.

"You think everything will go according to plan?" Alicent pondered as she paced. 

"Nothing ever goes according to plan." Otto countered. "You should have let me kill her, killing them-"

"I won't hear it!" Alicent demanded. 

''I shall take your answer to the Queen, my Lord.' Luke headed out but Aemond spoke up moving towards him.

''Wait. My Lord Strong. Did you really think that you could just fly about the realm, trying to steal my brother's throne at no cost...' Aemond offered the smile on his face was nothing less than vicious.

''I will not fight you. I came as a messenger, not a warrior.''

''Fight would be little challenge." Aemond agreed. ''No; I want you to put out your eye. It's payment for mine. One will serve. I would not blind you.' He removed his eyepatch and a gem was revealed where is eye used to be. ''I plan to make a gift of it to my mother.''

''No.''

"Aemond doesnt have a vendetta against Luke does he?" Peter questioned as he bounced Benjen in his arms. 

"No, its ancient history." Helaena assured. 

''Then you are craven as well as a traitor.' Aemond remarked smugly as Luke backed up

''Not here." Lord Borros demanded.

''Give me your eye, or I will take it, boy." Aemond threatened spinning his blade in his hand.

"Aemond is a man of honor." Helaena went on. "He is a good brother, now Aegon I would suspect violence." 

''Not in my hall." Borros demanded ''The boy came as an envoy. I'll not have blood shed beneath my roof.'' Aemond smirked back at him as he put his blade away but his glaze was vicious still. ''Take Prince Lucerys back to his dragon. NOW!"'' The storm ragged on outside and Arrax was unsettled when Luke approached him.