17. Yours Truly

Timeless / House of the Dragon x Legends of Tomorrow out now!

Helaena had given birth to twins. Of course Peter couldn't be there in a matter how much he wanted to murder how much he loved her more than her own husband did no matter how much she loved her more than her whole family did it seemed he couldn't be there for her.
After hours of labor she returned exhausted to her room she wanted to close her eyes and go to sleep for the next fortnight. But she saw a little origami package on her bedside table and suddenly she was rejuvenated revived she felt so alive she ran out to the balcony hoping praying that he would still be there but it was empty she moved back to the little package.

It was green and layered with a little string concealing the box on the top she slowly unraveled the top and she saw purple on the inside.

She continued to unravel the box and out popped a butterfly it seem to be flying. The paper butterfly on its flower Lilypad landing it swayed.

"Oh Peter," she coed touching it gently before putting it down beside her she looked within the flower and saw a little note

'Congratulations I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you, but please know that I wanted to be there. I will visit as soon as I can I promise I know your children are going to be as perfect as you.
Yours truly, Peter.

''Yours truly," Helaena repeated her fingers traced over the words. 

Her mother had the fanciest dresses jewels crowns rings everything sparkled and simmered made everyone know that she was the queen. It was just her role as queen she needed to present herself as such. But she also liked the decor the glam of it all.

But Helaena found more joy in peters handmade creations, made of pieces of multicolored parchment than she ever did with any jewels.

"Yours truly." She repeated completely giddy.

She had twins, Jaehaera and Jaehaerys and she hoped that one day they would be able to meet Peter to consider him like an uncle or maybe even a father one day... She could hope.

In the meantime she stared down at that gift from peter, repeating the words, a silly smile on her face until Jaehaera cried out, Jaehaerys soon followed after her and her clouded eyes blinked back to the present. The reality of life. 

+

"It doesnt change anything may." 

"It does and you know it." May corrected Peter. 

"She is married, had twins, I just heard." Peter corrected. 

"She knows about you! What you can do and she still loves you! That has to mean something." May countered. 

"YOu want to hear about my day instead?" Peter countered. 

"I want you to go to Helaena!" May countered. 

''I stopped a raid of the lower town, webbed them up on the side wall for the knights to handle... Oh and I helped this old lady and she bought me a churro so... yeah, that was nice." Peter offered. "I think I need a mask, cover my face or something though." Peter realized. 

"We all have secrets: the ones we keep and the ones that are kept from us."

"Helaena knows and it doesnt change the fact that she is married to another man and I'm not even in her status range if she was single!" Peter reminded her. 

"What about love? Love should count for something." May pondered. "I know you love her, she is on your mind constantly, I know it. I see it in your eyes, Peter."  Peter chuckled. 

"The great thing about Helaena... it's when you look in her eyes and she's looking back in yours, everything feels not quite normal. Because you feel stronger and weaker at the same time. You feel excited, and at the same time, terrified. The truth is, you don't know what you feel except you know what kind of man you want to be. It's as if you've reached the unreachable and you weren't ready for it." Peter declared. 

"You are not ready to tell her you love her. But she is ready to ready it."