18. Silenced

Insects were chirping, wings fluttering, wind chime tinkling in the gardens when Helaena came outside that night. 

"oh... Hello. Look at you. It's the most stunning example of a cyan morpho. And pollinating a Datura Meloxia." Helaena told no one in particular, she exhaled in awe as she watched the butterfly pollenate the flower. "I cannot believe that I get to see this in my lifetime. And there is no one to bear witness." Helaena chuckled softly. "Like anyone but me would care." Helaena scoffed. "Oh, you know, it's only the most perfect example of symbiosis. The butterflies process the deadly, poisonous nectar of the flower and pollinate the plants in return. They need each other to survive. It's like a... Well, it's like a little love story... of sorts." Helaena remarked smiling as she reached out to the little delicate creature. 

"Gods talking to plants again, this is why you have no friends." Aegon declared as he passed. Helaena glanced at him before looking back at the butterfly on the flower. 

"I'm talking to-"

"Shut up Helaena." Aegon countered. "I dont care." Helaena silenced herself and sighed when she heard a voice behind her. 

"'Everybody has a voice, But you just have to find it, be brave enough to share it most arent." Peter remarked. "It won't be in the forest, You have to find it deep down inside you, You just have to let it free to be, because if you don't let it out, you'll never have a voice, and you need a voice to sing out, voices are the best things you'll ever find, Yeah, because everybody has a voice to find. You, prince Aegon clearly dont have a worthy voice compared to your sister." Aegon scoffed as he continued on his way. Peter said too much he was going to lose his head, he should have just left but he couldnt leave. Not without seeing her first. 

"Peter?" Helaena declared. He turned around. 

"Hmm mm." He agreed blinking back at her as he swallowed the lump in his throat. 

"You mean all that?" Helaena questioned as she moved to him

"I did, I do. Everyone wants to have a voice, a voice like yours. But it's hard to find your voice when the noise of the world is giving directions, trying to change you." Peter offered.  "I like you just the way you are."

"Aegon likes to silence me." Helaena agreed. "The world doesnt see me like you do."

"Marvelous? Wonderful? Perfection?" Peter offered. 

"Any and all of the above." Helaena agreed. "I'm glad you are back, I havent... I got your present... its beautiful Peter, thank you." Helaena took another step closer before he held onto her. 

"I dont like your husband." Peter admitted. 

"I dont like him either." Helaena agreed. 

"Can I tell you something? I want to tell you something before I explode." Peter requested. 

"Tell me so you dont explode." Helaena agreed. 

"Helaena... Your body, mind, and spirit, I want it all. You're the most beautiful person I've ever met and I'm in love with you, Helaena. You're the kindest, funniest, most caring person in this world, and I'm in love with you. You have the most stunning violet eyes I get lost in, and I'm in love with you. You have a smile that I dream about constantly, and I'm in love with you. You're gentle and strong, and I'm in love with you." Peter declared go big or go home and he was going big. May would be proud of him finally telling Helaena how he felt.  "And every time someone disrespects you, your awful brother does that a lot." Peter added. "- it sets off a rage inside me because you are the most incredible person I've ever met, and I'm in love with you." Peter declared and Helaena couldn't breathe. She stared back at him a moment longer and Peter thought he spooked her. He took a step back but she reached out for him holding him closer, kissing him. 

Let her explore his mouth. Let her fingertips trace the planes of his jaw down to his shoulders. Let her control the kiss. Until he didn't. He couldn't quite say when he took over, probably when she yielded to the pressure of his lips. Maybe when his hands moved from her jaw to the back of her head. While the world continued to move around them, the only thing that mattered to him was more. More of this. More of her.