13. Jealous

Helaena was staring up at her butterfly mobile when she heard someone on her balcony. She jumped up and looked for something to use against her attacker. She took off her shoe gripping it tight in her hand.

"I have a weapon!" Helaena declared. There was a little knock on the open door to the balcony. What attacker knocked? "Keep your hands where I can see them!" Helaena demanded as she took hesitant steps closer.

"Hey Helaena." Peter whispered hands up high. Helaena dropped her shoe and ran to him.

"PETER!" She exclaimed hugging him tight. "I missed you! Why did you come in from the balcony? How do you get up here? The trellis was rotting they are going to replace it in the spring."

"Its... I..." Peter didnt have a good answer that made sense. So instead he held tight to her. "I missed you Helaena."

"Where have you been? Did you get my message? I sent Ser Anthony and he said he found you but he didnt tell me where you were- where to find you. I thought maybe he didnt find you and was just trying to be nice but now that you're here I know that you did find you." Helaena declared all in a single breath. 

"He did and he told me you wanted me to come meet your family." Peter agreed

"I do I do I really do my mother wants to meet you too!" she agreed. "I'm so glad you're here I'm so so glad.'' He looked around the room it looked different it was covered with things he had given her over the moons. 

"You saved them all." Peter remarked touching the butterfly mobile

"You made me so many of them they were cluttering every single surface." she agreed smiling back at him "but I couldn't bear to part with a single one so I made this I look at it every night before I go to bed it's the first thing I see in the morning. Makes me think of you." peter smiled back at her.

" peter smiled back at her

"Peter I missed you." she remarked "you don't have to go away for that long again please don't go for that long again."

"I won't." he agreed "my aunt May is really grateful I'm really grateful to-" he added "-that you invited us- you really want us to come... You really do want us to come right?" Peter questioned hesitantly. 

"Of course I do!" she exclaimed immediately. "Please you can't back out now everyone already thinks that I made you up. And I most certainly did not cause you're here!" she reached out grabbing his hand and he stared down where their hands met she should've pulled away but she couldn't she wouldn't she liked being right there. Right next to him close enough to touch she felt like at times it was hard to imagine that Peter was real, that he wasnt a figment of her imagination. Because he was like this beautiful magical dream. so she held tight to his hand for the fear of letting go would be the fear of losing him. And she wouldn't lose him not again.

"Can you show me around this mansion of a room of yours?" Peter asked he held onto her hand she showed him around.

"And these are the gorgeous flowers you made me I put them in a vase you see?" She asked. "No water though obviously."

"I do see it, I see it all... Isn't your husband jealous that your room is surrounded by little memories of another man?" Peter asked.

"He is only husband name nothing else." Helaena assured "I would've rather married you then I would have gotten to be in love." she said the words and although Peter tensed not because the words scared him but because he felt the same, he loved her too which was crazy to think. Helaena did not regret saying the words, she meant every single one, she would've rather married Peter.