11. Fight for Her

Long Live / Rhaegar Targaryen / Elia Martell out now!

"Listen kid, i know this is a lot." Anthony remarked. 

"What do I do?" Peter declared. "She's married! She's the princess! She's way out of my league." Peter remarked. "I dont do anything right? I can't. I mean to even consider such a thing is ridiculous." 

"Not necessarily." Anthony corrected as moved closer. "Alright kid, I'm going to sit, move your shit." Anthony demanded and Peter pulled his book off the bed and into his lap. Anthony sat beside Peter looking him over curiously.  

"You love her." Anthony remarked. 

"So much, my heart hurts." Peter agreed. 

"Then fight for her." Anthony declared. "Simple as that." 

"Fight for her." Peter repeated. 

"Dont over think it." Anthony instructed when he saw Peters mind churning. 

"I'm not." Peter corrected unconvincingly. Anthony watched him silently. "Okay maybe I am." peter agreed. "But thats because its crazy to think she likes me too!" 

"What do you want me to stay kid? What do you want me to tell the princess?" Anthony questioned. "That you are too scared to see her? That will make her feel like shit." Peter shook his head. "You want me to tell her you are a wimp? A loser? Say I didnt find you? You went into hiding? All those answers will break her little heart." Anthony informed him. 

"I want to see her." Peter decided. 

"Do you? You dont seem so sure about that?" Anthony corrected. 

"I want to fight for her

"I want to fight for her." Peter agreed. 

"Great, I will let her know." Anthony agreed. 

+

"... bringing little princes and princesses into the world, the greatest honor for a queen and princess." Alicent assured Helaena. Helaena stared back at her and Alicent must have seen her hesitance. "Aegon has always been difficult. Even his birth, I labored a day and a half to bring him into this world. You cannot imagine the pain. I screamed so loudly, I was sure Old town would hear me."

"Was father with you?" Helaena pondered and Alicent scoffed. 

"No." Alicent corrected. "He was far away. The birthing bed is no place for a man, nor a king. Whenever my time was near, my royal husband would flee to the study and read or play with his stupid little figurines." Alicent hissed. "And when he returned, he would present me with a new little figurine for you or your siblings, he didnt craft it himself, he is not as talented as your Parker." Alicent assured. "and I would present him with a baby." Alicent remarked with distaste. "Not that I wanted him there, mind you. I had Grand Maester, an army of midwives, and that was enough." ALicent offered but she had wished for a friend, someone to comfort her in that time of unease. 

 "Aegon will show you no such devotion as to be by your side, I assume he will be much his like father staying away and ignoring you." ALicent added.

"I prefer when he ignores me." Helaena assured. 

"My dearest, You may never love Aegon, but you will love your children."

"I love Aegon... with all my..." Helaena stopped herself she didnt have the strength to lie. 

"That's so very touching to hear. Permit me to share some womanly wisdom with you on this very special day." Alicent offered instead. "The more people you love, the weaker you are. You'll do things for them that you know you shouldn't do. You'll act the fool to make them happy, to keep them safe. Love no one but your children." Alicent informed her confidently. "On that front, a mother has no choice."

"But... shouldn't I love Aegon, mother?" Helaena countered.

"You can try, my love, you can try."

"Do you love father?" Helaena pondered. ALicent hesitated before rising and moving to the door. 

"No." SHe answered softly. "Not as a husband and wife should love each other at least."

"Mother?" Helaena spoke up and ALicent hesitated at the door. "I would like to invite Peter to the capital... his aunt too." 

"Anything you want my dearest." Alicent agreed.