27. Bastards

Vulnerable / Daeron Targaryen out now!

"Mother." Helaena remarked confused.

"Benjen is a sweet boy." Alicent coed.

"He is."

"Hes peters. Isnt he..." Alicent whispered. Helaenas breath caught. "I know there is no love between you and aegon and im sorry I pushed you my darling. You clearly love peter and he is such a charming boy."

"You mean it?'' Helaena begged.

"I wish I wouldnt have pushed you like I was pushed. I never found love. Not like you did with peter... I hate to admit it but I never loved your father." Alicent whispered. "I... but don't get me wrong I love your children so much." helaena didnt know if she believed her though.

" if you loved us why do what your father did to you? Why torture me like you were tortured? I was just as young as you younger even when you told me my life was going to change forever. When you had your way that I would marry aegon and that was final." Helaena whispered.

" I never meant to torture you. I never meant to hurt you like I was hurt. I was trying to protect you from rhaenyra," alicent offered. "And ber bastards,"

"Now I have a bastard of my own and I love him so much. I love him more possibly because he came from a place of love... I do love the twins. I love all my children but I know how you treat Aemond compared to Aegon and I."

"Helaena-"

" you treat him different than us. You treat him better than us. You were older when you had him not much but enough that you knew the drill. You understood the way of the world and what was expected of you. Maybe you looked at me and thought only of the pain.... Don't you think I would feel the same when Aegon raped me?"

"I hoped you two would become friends-"

"Aegon is a menace he always has been. I would have been happier wed to Aemond I would have been happiest married to Peter though." Helaena demanded.

"You are a princess one day you will be queen." Alicent corrected. "Peter parker-"

"Is a great man. Who i love so much. Who treats me better than you ever did.  I know your life was hard. I know you were scared of losing me your only daughter. Yet instead of me going to Dragon stone being engaged to jace The actual heir of the iron throne you forced me into a union with a man that hates me that openly calls me names belittles me." Helaena reminded her.

" and I wish I could take it all back! I really wish I do but I can't change the past. But know that if I could go back in time I would change it and allow you to marry peter Parker because I see how happy he makes you it is one of the biggest regrets in my life that I hurt you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry my sweet girl."

"Thank you for saying all that. Now if you will excuse me. I have to find Peter."