Best Day Ever

Dekus pov

I woke up, put my binder on sweatpants and a hoodie. I tried out for UA yesterday. It's been 9 months since I moved in with my dad's. I've visited my mom frequently the past few months, but I haven't heard from her in weeks. I went downstairs and poured myself some coffee before reaching into the cabinet taking out Advil.

 I was so sore from yesterday. I hopped up on the counter sitting Criss cross apple sauce and petting Muffin the cat. Pa came downstairs, he's always up an hour or so before dad. I smiled and said good morning and him back. None of us are morning people besides Pa and Eri.

"Heard anything from your mom yet?" Pa asked. "Not yet I wonder why though" I said back sipping my coffee. Eri came down the stairs walking funny I guess it was just her messing around. She missed a step and fell, before she hit the ground, I swiped my fingers causing her to levitate and I put her down, sipping my coffee again. "Thank you, Izu!" she said smiling. I smiled and got off the counter. "No problem Eri" I said ruffling her hair. 

"Good catch by the way Izu" Pa said flipping the eggs. I smiled.

(Izuku has more than OFA the powers developed after he got All Mights power. He can make things levitate by swiping two fingers across the air or snapping.)

Dad came downstairs around 1:00 PM. I laughed he looked so tired, and it was so late. After him came down Toshi. "Good morning, guys." I smiled as they got their coffee. "Good morning" They both said groggily. There was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door. "Mail for Izuku Aizawa." I smiled at the name. I was so happy to take their last name. My mom even agreed to it! I was so happy. I opened the letter and there was a holographic Principal Nezu standing. 

"Izuku Aizawa, you got a great score on you test; UA is happily welcoming you tomorrow. Your homeroom teacher will be Shouta Aizawa, your English teacher Hizashi Aizawa..." It went on listing my teachers when it was done, I jumped up and down running into the kitchen. "I got into UA!!" I yelled they all congratulated me I've never been so happy.

Later that night I tried to call my mom, no answer. I couldn't fall asleep, it was one am. I sighed and turned on my light sitting up in my bed. There was a soft knock on my door I whispered to come in. The door opened and Toshi was standing in the door frame, shutting the door behind him he sat with me on the bed. "She didn't answer again?" He asked. I shook my head. Toshi has been here for me a lot, when I had nightmares of my dad and woke up screaming, he was here. Not to mention the panic attacks. 

We spent an hour talking until I fell asleep. I think he went back to his room. He sits with me until I fall asleep sometimes because he knows I have bad insomnia. 

530 words