Chapter 2: Another Chance

Zinnia walked along the base of Mt. Hakobe, she was trying to see if she could find any of the Dragons. She needed to talk with them. Though, she didn't know why her mind told her to come to a snow covered mountain. Most dragons hated the cold, Igneel would try and melt it all. She laughed at the thought of her one closest dragon friends. Grandeeney was another one of her closest friends, the dragon taught her many of her magic spells. Grandeeney was a very kind dragon, and was always thinking of others, while Igneel was a hothead, he did have a very kind heart. Most of the dragons were like that, they all just have their own special way of showing it.

"I should just go home. There is no way that Igneel or anyone else is here." Zinnia sighed. It was useless to be here.

"Dear child, you know that you never have to look very far to find us." A kind voice echoed around Zinnia. She looked up into the sky and found most of her dragon friends. She grinned using her magic to float up to them and land on Skiadrum the Shadow dragon. He didn't speak much, but had a very kind heart.

"Hello my friends." Zinnia greets them.

"Child," Weisselogia greeted. "We were wondering where you went off too."

"I went into a town. I met people from this thing called a guild. They were kind, at first. Then this one girl, well she wasn't actually being mean, I don't think, but she pointed out who I was. She wasn't happy with me, and I think she was going to try and say bad things about you. I told them all wrong. I said that many dragons were kind. Like all of you." Zinnia explained to them.

"Aw, come here squirt!" Metalicana laughed picking Zinnia off of Shiadrum. Metalicana was very rude at times, but he always joked around in a loving way.

"You know child, just because they don't like us, doesn't mean that you can't be friends with them." Igneel told her.

"I guess you're right..." Zinnia sighed. "It's just, you are like my family, you have treated me better then Zeref ever did. I feel at home with you."

"And family protects and looks after each other. We will be there for you my dear Zinnia." Skiadrum spoke.

"Thank you Skiadrum."

"Why don't we take you down to the outside of the town, and you can go and talk to them after. We'll even wait for you." Grandeeney suggested.

"Okay."

The dragons flew down the mountain and over the forests coming to the forest bordering Magnolia. "We shall wait here for you. Good luck child." Zinnia only nodded at the dragons before running through the rest of the forest and through Magnolia to the Fairy Tail guild. It didn't take Zinnia long seeing as she flew most of the way there with her magic. When she was at the gates of the guild, the doors opened and there stood Mavis smiling.

"I knew you would come back!" Mavis exclaimed running up to Zinnia and hugging her.

"Well... Some friends of mine talked me into coming back."

"Was if the dragons? Can I meet them?" A very anxious Mavis asked.