Chapter 8: Goodbye

July 7th, X777

"You are sure that this is what's best for them?"

"Positive. I'll be looking over them constantly."

"I wish there was another option."

"We all do. Now all of you go, it's time."

ΩΩ

"Igneel? Igneel?!" Natsu shouted looking for his father. Zinnia watched him sadly, knowing that he did not need her as much as the others. But she needed to speak to him, she was the only one he knew to turn to in a time like this.

"Natsu." Zinnia said walking up behind the boy. 

"Zinnia! I can't find Igneel anywhere! Do you know where he went?" Natsu panicky asked her.

"I have no idea Natsu." Zinnia hated having to lie to him, but, it was the only option that they had to save them. "I'm worried about him also. For now let's get you to a safe place." Zinnia grabbed Natsu's bags and his hand walking him through Magnolia forest. She would take him to Fairy Tail, she knew that he had to be the closest to her, she needed to be able to keep an eye on him.

"Where are we going?" Natsu asked curiously.

"To my guild. I know that you'll like it there. That way, I can keep an eye on you until we find Igneel, he would be very upset if I let something happen to you." Zinnia told the boy as they walked into the town.

"I can take care of myself! I was raised by the great Igneel!" Natsu shouted pulling his hand out of Zinnia's acting tough. He flexed his tiny muscles that weren't much making Zinnia laugh.

"I know that, but I don't care." Zinnia laughed pushing on Natsu's shoulders to go to the Guild.

"Hello Zinnia." People said as they walked through town. Zinnia smiled and greeted them back. Many people had forgotten who Zinnia was, or the ones that did had passed away so there wasn't much of a problem anymore. 

"Who might this be?" An old shop keeper asked. 

"This is my little brother Natsu." She introduced the little boy who was smiling. He did look at her in confusion but seemed to shrug it off.

"He's so cute. He'll kill the ladies when he gets older." The shop keeper laughed handing Natsu a cookie that he gladly excepted.

"Thank you!" He grinned with his mouth full.

"I'm sure he will too." Zinnia smiled before she turned pulling Natsu with her. She knew that the boy would eat the shop keeper out of business.

"Zinnia, you're back. Who's this?" Makarov asked as Zinnia entered the guild.

"This is Natsu, my little brother." Makarov knew who Natsu was, well knew that he was raised by dragons, he didn't know that Natsu was actually Zinnia's brother.

"I see. What brings him here?"

"Igneel has gone missing, so I knew that one of the safest places for Natsu was here." Zinnia explained. 

"Makes perfect sense. I'm sure he'll fit in great with the other kids." Makarov said pointing over to where Cana, Levy, Gray, Lisana, Elfman, and Mira-Jane all sat listening to Levy read a book. "Why don't you get the magic stamp and give him a guild mark?" Zinnia smiled and nodded walking behind the counter grabbing the small stamp.

"Alright Natsu, where do you want your stamp?" Zinnia asked him. He thought about it before pointing to his right shoulder. Zinnia smiled and pushed the stamp to his shoulder giving him the Fairy Tail guild mark in red. 

"It's so cool!" He exclaimed.

"It sure is. Why don't you go introduce yourself to the other kids?" Natsu only nodded before running over to the other kids.

"There's something that you aren't telling him." Makarov said as Zinnia sat next to him.

"And he doesn't need to know it for many years. Please watch over him until I return, I have to check on someone. Just, hit him or something if he starts a f-" Zinnia was cut off by Natsu butting heads with Gray. She knew they wouldn't get along, fire and ice don't mix.

"You mean like that?" Makarov laughed knowing what she was going to say. Zinnia glared at him before using her magic to break up the fight.

"Natsu! Gray! Stop fighting!" Zinnia shouted as the dog she conjured up stood in between them. It snapped when they tried to start fighting again. She knew that they were just about harmless to each other, but she also knew Natsu's temper was short like Igneels.

Zinnia walked over to where they were standing the other kids crowding around her. Asking her to make more animals and do other things with her powers. "Another time everyone." She told them every time. She always kept that promise, and she would make things for them right now, but she had things to do. "Natsu, you be good, stay out of fights. I should be back in a few days. Listen to whatever Master Makarov tells you." 

"Where are you going?" Natsu asked her.

"I'm going to see if I can track down Igneel. And check on everyone else."

"Can I come with you?!" 

"No. I want you to stay here. I promise to be back in no more than five days. If I'm not back on the fifth day, you can leave the guild and come looking for me. Until then, do not leave this guild on your own. Understood?" Zinnia told him.

"That's not fair! He was my father! I should be helping look for him!" Natsu's arguments continued on why he should help find Igneel, though that wasn't what Zinnia was going to do at all.

"Enough Natsu. You will stay here. Understood?" Zinnia said firmly. Natsu along with the other kids shrunk back showing fear in their eyes to the woman stood in front of them. They all knew that making Zinnia mad wasn't a good thing. She wasn't a S Class wizard for nothing. 

"Understood." Natsu said quickly.

"Good, I will be back soon." Zinnia rubbed Natsu's head messing up his spiky pink hair more than it already was. She turned looking at Makarov once more before leaving the guild. 

"Where are you going?" Laxus, Makarov's grandson asked her.

"I don't believe that is any of your business. But if you must know I'm going to look for Natsu's father."

"Who?" 

"You'll know him when you see him." Zinnia sighed leaving Laxus. She knew that Natsu would take a liking to Laxus, that he would look up to him, and want to be as strong as him. Laxus didn't always show it, but he had more power than what everyone though. She knew his power every well. It's just like his great grandfathers.