Chapter 25: Zinnia

"Zinnia! Time for dinner!" A small girl with snow white hair giggled at the sound of her mother's voice calling her for dinner. She looked back at the small, fire red, a winged lizard that was in the rock in front of her not wanting to leave it here. 

"I can sneak you into the house. Mommy and daddy will never know." She said to the lizard. It turned its head to her snorting out a small puff of smoke. "Fine, fine. I'll bring you some scraps later." The girl turned and ran for her house slowing once she reached the door.

"Go wash up please." Her father said once she was through the door. The girl gave a short nod before walking down the hall to the bathroom passing her brothers room on the way.

"What are you doing?" She asked leaning her head in.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." He said not looking at her.

The girl gave a small growl setting her hands on her hips. "You never talk to me. You only talk to Natsu, you could care less about me." She crossed her arms over her chest in a pout turning her back to him.

"You know that isn't true. Natsu is just different." The boy said.

"You know I never wanted two little brothers anyway. Don't act as if you care." The girl walked away from the room. She washed her hands quickly before going to the kitchen and taking a seat at the table waiting for dinner.

"Zinnia, how is your training going?" Her father asked as she picked at the last few bites of her meal.

"Good. I can create a Vulcan and control it for a couple of hours. Everything keeps getting bigger and stronger, it's amazing." She said giving her father a small smile.

"Good. You'll be leading an army in no time." Of course, that was all he cared about.

"Yes, father." She bowed her head and continued to pick at her food. He always wanted her to be the best, he didn't care what happened to her as long as she would lead an army one day. He cared for her brothers Zeref and Natsu. She was the oldest, there were expectations that she had to live up too.

She wouldn't get the chance. She didn't give herself the chance. Zinnia ran, she ran with the small fire red, a winged lizard that she had been caring for. She never knew what he really was for some time. When that time came, everything went wrong. Her family was dead, the only survivor was her younger brother Zeref. What little difficult relationship they had was hanging on by a single thread that wouldn't last for very long.

Zinnia knew that she should have never left her home, they would all still be there. It was too late for that, she had to live for what all she had. Now she has a guild, she has both of her brothers again, even if Zeref is evil, she has both of them. 

"Zinnia? Zinnia! Wake up! Zinnia you need to wake up!" This voice, she knew it. Who's was it? It wasn't a dragon, nor one of the children, who's voice was this?

Her eyes slowly blink open. She's on the ground, her head is pounding, there is fighting. A black blob stands over her, one eye gold the other red. "Skia?" His voice sounded so different, maybe it was the pounding in her head.

"Thank Mavis you're alive. We need to get moving it isn't safe here." 

"What's going on? Skia where are we?"

"There's no time to explain. I have to get you out of here. Gajeel will meet us later." Skia grabbed onto her shirt lifting her into the air.

"Gajeel is here? Where is everyone else? Skia answer me!" Zinnia tried to fight against the exceed as he picked her up and carried her away from the large city. 

"Zinnia, I've done a bad thing. I didn't know I was doing it until this all happened. I hope you can forgive me."