Chapter 26: Mystogan

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Zinnia asked Mystogan looking over the city. 

"It is our only option. I have to save the city." He sighed turning away from the horror.

"I wish there was another way. Everyone is going to miss you." Zinnia looked over her shoulder at him with a sigh. "You're like a little brother to me, even if you weren't around much."

"You've helped me a lot. I thank you for that, I won't be able to repay you for everything you've done." 

"You don't have too. Knowing that you're going to be helping other people, people who need you is enough for me." Zinnia looked over the city once again feeling herself begin to float. "Look's like it's time for me to take my leave." She sighed.

"Take care of everyone. Thank Skia for me, he was a large help in all of this." Mystogan grabbed Zinnia's hand giving her a smile. 

"Do you know what my Edolas self is like? I never got the chance to meet her." Zinnia quickly asked. 

"If I remember correctly, from old stories that I was told as a child, she was the queen, my mother. I don't know what happened to her, no one would tell me." Mystogan smiled widely.

"Interesting. Please, be safe and take care of yourself, Jellal." Zinnia gave him one last smile before she was lifted into the sky with the rest of the guild. The queen of Edolas, his mother, sounds about right really, she did everything she could for him when he needed her. She was always there for him just as much as she was there for the Dragon Slayer Children. Zinnia would never forget Mystogan, there were so many memories that she was going to hold forever.

Ω

"Zinnia!" Mystogan said running to her. 

"There you are! How was your mission?" She said pulling him into a hug. 

"It went really well. Being S-Class is amazing." He grinned. He had passed his S-Class trial months before and was excited to go on his first mission. Zinnia offered to go with him, but he was ready to go on his own, he knew what to do if he needed help.

"That's good to hear. When are you setting out again?"

"I'm going to rest for a few days before leaving."

"Why don't you come around for dinner tonight? Skia would love to see you." Zinnia smiled.

"Of course. I would love too. I'll see you in a few hours." Mystogan smiled walking toward Magnolia. He was home, even if it was for a short while, it was nice.