Chapter 23: A Promise

Zinnia spent two days with Sting and Rouge before she knew that it was time to go back to Fairy Tail. Natsu was probably going nuts because she didn't have him a good explanation on where she was going, it wouldn't shock her if he had tried to run off looking for her. She could only pray that Lucy and the others were able to keep in at bay for a few days.

"Zinnia?" Sting asked while she was packing her small bag.

"Yes Sting?" She looked over her shoulder at him. He looked upset.

"Why do you always have to leave?" 

"Sting, you know I don't always want to leave you. If I could take you with me I would," Zinnia sighed pulling the boy into a hug.

"Then why don't you?" He looked up at her with tears in his eyes.

"Because you need to choose your path. You need to find something that you want. Life brought you and Rouge together, life brought you and Lector together. Life has brought us together. Sting everything happens for a reason." She gave the boy a smile knowing that he was going to have a hard time understanding still.

"But you're with Natsu and Gajeel! They're Dragon Slayers like we are! Why can't you take us with you? We need you just as much or more than they do!" He was getting angry and it was going to hurt more now than it ever has to leave them.

"I don't trust Natsu and Gajeel on their own. I trust you on your own. I was a part of my guild before they ever were." Zinnia sighed.

"Then take us with you. What if we don't find another guild?" 

"You'll find one. There are many out there."

"But they aren't Fairy Tail." 

"No, they aren't. But you know as well as anyone that Fairy Tail is my home, but they are not my only family. I love all of the guilds in Fiore, I am a part of many of them." She moved her long hair away from her back, all of her guilds marks glowing brightly. "Sting, I want you to find another guild, one that I'm not a part of. When you do, you tell me and I'll be there with you, maybe not always, but I will be." 

"You promise?" Sting asked eyes bright with hope.

"I promise Sting. You can always come to Fairy Tail if you want, even just to visit. But I want you to forge your own path along with Rouge. Can you do that for me?" She raised her brow with a smile.

"I promise Zinnia, I'll find you a guild that you aren't a part of! Then you can be with me that way!" Sting grinned jumping into her arms in a hug.

"Alright, now I'm not setting out just yet, so what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" She smiled at him.

"Anything! As long as you're here!" He said running from the small hut. She watched as he jumped onto Rouge's back almost throwing both boys onto the ground.

"What am I going to do them with?" She asked herself with a laugh running after the boys. She hated leaving them, they were her favorites if she had to pick. She loved all of them, but she had a different connection with Sting and Rouge.

Zinnia would keep her promise, but it might take longer than she thought it was going too.