Chapter 16: Family Reunion

"That was a great mission, you guys." Zinnia said walking along the street with Fairy Tail's strongest team. Well, that's what everyone is now calling Team Natsu, having a team with Natsu, Gray, and Erza on it really is something, plus having Fairy Tail's newest recruit Lucy on the team is also really good, Zinnia knows she'll be a strong wizard. Zinnia isn't on team Natsu, but she likes to tag along with people on jobs, she doesn't care to split the reward money, she goes along to spend time with her guildmates.

"The guild!" Zinnia's head snapped up at Erza's shout seeing the guild in front of them in shambles.

"Oh no," She gasped seeing the iron pillars sticking out of the guild, this wasn't happening. "Come on, we have to check on everyone!" They ran as fast as the could finding their guildmates standing outside of the wrecked guild.

"Master! Mira!" Zinnia looked around finding them standing at the guild entrance, "Who did this?" She already knew who, Zinnia knew perfectly well who did this, and he was going to have hell to pay for it.

"Phantom did it," Makow said walking up to them. "Black Steel Gajeel as a matter of fact." 

"I'm gonna get those Phantom bastards!" Natsu shouted.

"You will do no such thing!" Master shouted slamming an oversized fist down on Natsu.

"They're basically declared war on us Gramps! We have to get them back for it!" Gray said hoping not to get the same treatment as Natsu.

"No one is hurt, we can rebuild the guild. Until one of my children is hurt nothing will be done against the Phantom Lord guild do you understand me?" Makarov says making sure everyone heard him. Zinnia looked around feeling that everyone's eyes were on her for some reason. Or maybe it was because she felt so guilty knowing that Gajeel did this and she could have stopped him.

"Everyone go home." Zinnia says looking at the fuming Makarov. "We'll discuss remodeling the guild in the morning." There were no more words as the guild members dispersed.

"We need to talk," Makarov says looking at Zinnia.

"I know." She sighed. They walked through the shambled guild clearing a path to the basement. "If I would have known this was going to happen, I would have stopped it."

"I know that Zinnia. I'm not saying this is your fault. I just figured that your trips out that way, maybe you would have caught onto something." He sighs.

"That doesn't mean I don't still feel guilty. I should have kept Gajeel and Natsu together, this wouldn't have happened if I thought that they would all be safer away from each other." Zinnia scolds herself.

"No, keeping those children apart was what was best for them. You said that the dragons wanted them all to come back together on their own. That's exactly what is happening." Makarov says trying to make her feel better. He remembers Skia telling him about some strange aura that she had given off once, he's starting to feel it now himself. "Zinnia, I want you to listen to me." Zinnia looks at the master feeling herself become tired.

"You are not going to worry about this. If anything more happens with Phantom I promise to let you lead the way. For right now, I want you to take a step back and breath." Zinnia was out before Makarov finished what he was saying. He didn't want to use a sleeping spell on her, but he couldn't have her losing control.

"Skia take her home. I'll see you two in the morning." Makarov says looking at the black exceed.

"Yes, master. Thank you, you felt it too." Skia said picking Zinnia up.

"I did. We'll need to watch her closely in the coming days." Skia nodded before flying from the guild with Zinnia in his arms. He made a beeline for Lucy's apartment knowing that he couldn't carry her all the way to the forest like this and they were meant to meet the team there after getting back to the guild.