Chapter 12: Flying Cats...?

X778

"It's been a year why haven't you given up yet?" Zinnia heard Gray ask Natsu, "You know he isn't coming back, so why do you keep trying?" Zinnia heard Natsu ball is hands into fists knowing that he was going to start a fight. She quickly made a snake that wrapped it's way around Natsu's body holding him in place.

"He is coming back! He will! I know Igneel is coming back, he would never leave me!" Natsu shouted struggling against Zinnia's magic snake. "Zinnia let go of me!" 

"He hasn't come back yet and he already left you, so where do you get your logic from?" Gray snapped back at Natsu. Natsu opened his mouth to speak coming up with nothing, he hung his head looking away from Gray. "That's right, you have no logic, you have nothing now. So why do you keep trying?"

"Gray!" Zinnia snapped showing up in front of the boy. He cowered back away from her. He was twice as scared of Zinnia as he was Erza and he's completely tariffed of Erza. "Stop speaking. You say another word like that to anyone, not just Natsu, I will make sure that you'll never use magic again, got it?" She hated when people were rude the way that Gray was to Natsu. She couldn't stand it. 

"S-sorry Zinnia." Gray muttered looking for an escape route away from her wrath. 

"Ever again Gray." She said to him before letting him run off. She removed the snake from around Natsu giving him a weak smile. 

"Don't listen to him Natsu, we'll find Igneel. He'll come back." She ruffed his hair making him give a toothy grin. 

"I know Zinnia! I'll find Igneel, I know I will!" He said before running off. He was most likely going to train, he did that a lot. Zinnia knew he would be powerful and he would get there sooner than anyone ever imagined. 

Later that day Zinnia walked through the forest back to her home, she felt an odd presence around her home when reaching it. "Who is there?" She asked readying herself to fight. Walking out from behind a tree a boy Zinnia trusted walked out looking exhausted. "Jellal?" She whispered running over to the boy. She didn't expect to see him, it had been month since she saw him. He couldn't continue traveling with Wendy so they made her a village and guild that she could stay at. Zinnia was still incapable of taking the girl in.

"Please don't call me that. Not here, she could be anywhere." He said leaning against the tree.

"Erza? She wouldn't be able to fight you if she wanted too, she would break down at the sight of you. You don't need to worry about her. Why are you here?" Zinnia told him taking his bag from him. 

"I thought about your offer, to join the guild." He said.

"Well I think you'll need a different name and something to cover that face of yours. Come, we can to to the guild after." Zinnia told him leading him into her small house. As she walked in something caught her eye. An egg, one that she had never seen before. She made sure Jellal was in the house before walking over to the egg. Upon examination she found that it was cracked. 

"That's strange." She whispered picking the very large egg up.

"The egg of an exceed. Strange for one to be here, something must be going on in Edolas." Jellal said from behind her. He stood next to her looking the egg over, "It's perfectly fine, trying to hatch truly. Bring it inside." Zinnia brought the egg inside, the two watched it as she made an outfit for Jellal.

"What is an exceed? I've never heard of them in my lifetime." She asked helping the small silkworms make the clothing. 

"They are cats, magical cats. They can grow wings and speak. They are very interesting, I don't know much about them sadly." Jellal explained. "I think I've thought of something to call myself. What do you think of the name Mystogan?"