Chapter 17: Getting Ready For Fantasia

"You've invited them to become part of the guild!" Zinnia shouts at Makarov when she sees Gajeel sitting in the guild after returning from the Magic Council, she was asked there after the events of The Tower of Heaven. They're shockingly asking her to become one of their members, they also would like to give her the title of one of the 10 Wizard Saints after Master Jose was defeated and you know, waged war on Fairy Tail for no reason. She told them she would think about it, the council part, to be known as one of the 10 Wizard Saints wasn't sounding too bad.

"Zinnia, I know that he hurt you, and I know that he hurt the guild, but he is strong and I am using him for other work," Makarov says trying to calm the girl in front of him.

"Such as?"

"I am using him to infiltrate the Raven Tail guild. I must know what Ivan is doing at all times. Now please Zinnia, it is a time of celebration. You are going to be joining us right?" Raven Tail, Ivan didn't let her close enough to even talk to him when she went there two years ago. 

"If you think that you can trust him, then I trust him Makarov. Ivan saw right through my illusion when I tried to get into his guild, it's about time we know what is going on." Zinnia sighed looking at some paperwork on Makarovs desk, reports from anyone who was able to get any information on Raven Tail. "I believe I'm going to enter the Miss Fairy Tail competition. The parade is going to be wonderful, what would you like me to do this year?" Zinnia loved this time of year the Fantasia Parade was her favorite event, she always made something special just for it.

"I'm still thinking about it. Something big I know that. I can't wait to see you in the competition Zinnia, it will be a sight to see." Smack.

"Pervert." Though she was far too old to think that, Zinnia did look like she was about 18, felt like it too.

"What do you mean? I mean it will be good to see you interacting with the guild besides missions Zinnia." Mhmm, sure you do Makarov. "I wanted to talk with you about the council."

"What about it?"

"I know the offer you a spot, I don't think you should take it. They will single you out for who you are, it could be a trap. If it isn't, they will single you out for being a part of Fairy Tail, you would end up being impartial to the children and try to get them out of trouble." Makarov says looking out of his office door hearing the guild happily talking about the festivities.

"I wasn't going to take it. I did think about it, mostly to keep everyone out of trouble, but there would be only so much that I could do. I don't think I could sit around in a room with those old farts anyway." Zinnia shrugged watching Natsu fly across the guild hall. "Animal Creation: Snake." She sent the giant snake away to make Natsu and Gray stop fighting. Children. That was also when she saw the Iron club come out of nowhere. Of course, Gajeel was in on this.

"Good, we need you here. Was there anything else from the council?"

"They're making me one of the 10 Wizard Saints after Jose losing his place. Trying to fill the gaps."

"Oh good, now the children will be even more terrified of you." Makarov laughed as the guild got louder.

"I better go break up the fighting." Zinnia sighed. "I see you at the competition." Makarov nodded.

Zinnia walked out finding the table that Lucy was sitting at with Happy and Skia, "We'll never keep this guild hall together if they don't stop fighting." Lucy sighed covering her face.

"Don't worry Lucy, I'll protect you," Loki says coming out of nowhere. Zinnia looked at him confused, he looked so different.

"Loki?" Zinnia asked in confusion.

"Oh, Zinnia, I thought you knew. Loki is my newest Celestial Spirit. Leo the Lion." Lucy says smiling.

"I didn't, I just got back today from the council. Good to see you're back to your old self Loki." It had been so many years, she had completely forgotten about Loki being a Zodiac, she was one of the only people who knew for a long time. Maybe she was showing a little age if that slipped her mind.

"Thank you Zinnia, it's nice to be back." He nodded his head at her.

"Oh Zinnia, Gajeel wanted to speak with you," Skia says now floating over her shoulder.

"Does he now? What about?" She asked looking over at the corner of the guild hall where Gajeel sat with the blue-haired woman Juvia. Gray and Erza both have said good things about Juvia, Zinnia is still impartial to her, but is willing to trust her if Gray and Erza do.

"He didn't say, just asked me to deliver the message," Skia says taking the fish that Happy was holding out to him.

"Come, let's see what he has to say then." Zinnia rolled her eyes walked to the table and standing at the end of it. "Hello, you must be Juvia, we haven't met yet, I'm Zinnia." She smiled at the girl who seemed shocked.

"Oh, hello, Juvia is very pleased to meet you. Erza, Gray, and Gajeel have told Juvia many things about you. Juvia hopes to be good friends with Zinnia." She talks in the third person, alright. We can work past that. She does seem very nice.

"Me too. Do you mind leaving Gajeel and I alone for a moment?" Juvia only nodded quickly leaving the table and saying something about Gray-sama her love. So that's what Lucy was talking about, got it. "What did you want to speak with me about Gajeel?" Zinnia asked sitting across from him resting her hands on the table.

"I wanted to say sorry. I was only following orders. I actually didn't know this was your guild or I would have refused. I never wanted to hurt you Zin." Gajeel says, his red eyes showing remorse. She knew the Iron Dragon Slayer well, he was just like his father, showed no emotion, always had a straight face, this was something new for him.

"Gajeel, I want to believe you, I want to trust you again, what you did hurt me so much. Levy, Jet, Droy, they are my family, some of my closest friends, you almost killed them. Gajeel how do you expect me to forgive you?" Zinnia says with tears in her eyes.

"I don't expect you to forgive me, I expect you to give me a chance so you can forgive me. Let me prove to you that I'm not that bad." Gajeel whispers looking away from her.

"If you want to do that, find a way to make Levy, Jet, and Droy to forgive you for what you did. Start there and we'll talk about this farther." Zinnia says standing to her feet turning her back to Gajeel. "Gajeel, I should have brought you here with me, I should have forced you to leave that den. But I trusted that you could take care of yourself. Don't think that I picked anyone over you, I cared about you as much as anyone else." She left him at the table finding Natsu sitting with Lucy.

"Sis Zin, are you okay?" Natsu asks taking a large sniff in her direction. "Did that metal head hurt you? I'll kill him." Natsu raged standing to his feet.

"Sit down Natsu. He did nothing. He wants my trust back, he has to earn it back." Zinnia shakes her head sitting with them. Conversations went back to normal while Zinnia sat there trying to get her thoughts together. It was going to be a very different week.