Chapter 15: An Old Face

X784

"Ah, Zinnia there you are, there is someone who I want you to meet," Makarov said as Zinnia walked into his office. "How did the meeting with Lamia Scale go?"

"Lamia Scale went amazing, I understand why they are such a popular guild." Zinnia grinned showing the new guild mark on her back. They all flowed together Zinnia feeling a connection between all of them. "Do we have a new member of the guild? Everyone seems to be excited about a new member. Mira said that she was a doll."

"Lucy, Natsu found her and brought her here with him. She said that she always wanted to join our guild. A very nice young girl, pretty."

"Makarov, leave the young girls alone. You old perv." Zinnia rolled her eyes at him, what a perv.

"Ah, you know me." Makarov laughed jumping down from his desk. "Come, I'm sure they're around here somewhere, I can here Natsu and Gray fighting out there." Zinnia followed the master out of his office finding Skia and Happy sitting on a table with a blond girl watching Natsu and Gray fight.

"Erza isn't around to make them stop and you haven't been much either, they've been getting reckless," Mira says from behind the bar. "They almost destroyed a wall yesterday."

"Animal Creation: Yeti! Animal Creation: Dragon!" Zinnia sends her creaturs after the two who catch a glimpse of them instantly stopping their fighting. She walks through the crowd of people who backed away scared of the look that she has on her face. She's angry and everyone knows it.

"What have I told you two about fighting?" Zinnia snapped at the two.

"Fighting? Who was fighting? We were just showing each other some new scars that we got on missions! We would never fight!" Gray laughed pulling Natsu into a hug. "Right buddy?"

"Aye!" Natsu grins hugging Gray back.

"That's what I thought. I love seeing the two of you get along, it brings a smile to the whole guild." Zinnia smiled hugging them. She removed her very large creatures from the guild giving everyone space to breath,

"Sis Zin! Come meet my new friend!" Natsu exclaimed pulling Zinnia behind him. He hadn't called her Sis Zin in years. The aura he was giving off was strange, Zinnia hadn't felt something like this on Zinnia since Lisanna, but this is stronger. Much stronger.

"Luce!" Zinnia was standing face to face with someone from her past.

"An-" Zinnia was cut off with Natsu's introductions.

"Sis Zin this is Lucy! She's the newest member of Team Natsu! Luce! This is Sis Zin!" Natsu exclaimed bouncing around like a kid in a candy store.

"Zinnia, it's a pleasure to meet you. How do you like the guild so far?" Zinnia asked sitting across from Lucy at the table Skia moving from his spot next to Happy to sit with his best friend.

"Lucy, it's great to meet you, Natsu doesn't stop talking about you. I'm loving it! Everyone is so friendly and caring. I've made so many friends so far." Lucy smiled at her.

"We try our best to make everyone feel at home. No matter what their background is. Natsu never stops talking as it is, so I'm not too shocked." Zinnia laughed.

"He says that you're really strong and knew his father," Lucy says looking over at Natsu for a second he was talking with Romeo showing him some of his magic. "Everyone says that you're the strongest wizard in the guild, maybe in all of Fiore."

"Let's not talk about me right now, I want to know about Lucy." Zinnia says changing the subject. She would explain to Lucy about her life another time if Lucy doesn't actually already know.

"What do you want to know?"

"What kind of magic do you use?"

Lucy reaches down to her waist pulling up a small ring with keys on it. "Oh, I'm a Celestial Spirit Mage. So far I have four of the golden Zodiac keys." Lucy grins showing Zinnia her collection of eyes. Zinnia eyes the keys smiling at them, she always thought that Celestial Spirit magic was amazing. "My mother was a Celestial Spirit mage as well before she died that is."

"I once knew a mage like you, she held all of the golden Zodiac keys, that was long ago. I'm sorry to hear about your mother." Zinnia says lifting one of the keys with her thumb and forefinger. Aquarius, Zinnia can sense the relationship these two have. Strong, a bit strange, but very strong. "You're a very strong wizard Lucy, never let anyone tell you otherwise."

Lucy looks confused before responding. "Oh, thank you." Zinnia stands from her seat looking at Natsu.

"Natsu, follow." Zinnia walks out of the guild doors with Natsu hot on her tail. Happy and Skia follow behind not sure if they were meant too, so they kept their distance.

"Where did you find that girl?" Zinnia asks when they're a safe distance from the guild.

"Happy and I ran into her in Hargeon, we beat up a bunch of bad guys there. She said she wanted to join Fairy Tail and so we brought her home with us? Is something wrong Sis?" Natsu explains with a concerned look on his face.

"It's nothing, she just looks like someone from a really long time ago. Also since when do you call me Sis Zin anymore? You haven't called me that since Igneel, why the sudden change?" Zinnia sighs. "Is there something wrong Natsu? You know you can tell me anything."

"It's nothing. I'm going to see if Lucy wants to go on a mission. I'll see you when I get back." Natsu gave Zinnia a weak smile running back to the guild.

"Happy get back here." Zinnia growled catching the blue cat before he got too far.

"Aye, what's up Zinnia?" He asks sounding nerves.

"What's going on with Natsu? He's acting weird."

"I think he misses you. You're always so busy with the other guilds or out of missions, I think he believes that you forget about him." Happy says looking over his shoulder, Natsu is standing down the road away waiting for him. "I better catch up with him before he worries." Happy flies off leaving Zinnia and Skia there.

"My little flame, thinks I'm ignoring him... What have I done?" Zinnia felt tears welling in her eyes.

"If I'm being honest Zinnia, which I'm not sure you want me to be, you do spend a lot of time away from the guild. You've been keeping so many tabs on Sting and Rouge, trying to make sure that Gajeel isn't getting into trouble, I think you've forgotten about two of the children who care possibly the most about you." Skia says landing on a barrel in front of his friend. "When was the last time we went and check on Wendy? You haven't even spoken to Wendy since before the dragons left, am I right? You've focused on the other four so much. Natsu thinks that you leave him behind all of the time because you don't want him around."

"I'm a horrible person. You're right Skia, I need to fix this. But, I can't. The children are meant to find their ways back to each other, I can't bring them together." Zinnia looked up to the guild seeing Natsu leaving with Lucy. He looks so happy being around her. She hasn't seen him so happy in years.

"Just spend time where it's needed. Sting and Rouge are doing just fine, Gajeel never wants you around, which isn't your fault, but maybe just don't worry about them as much. See if Natsu wants to go on a job when he comes back. Spend more time at the guild. Everyone would love to spend more time with you as well." Skia says trying to bring Zinnia back to the ground, she was giving off strange energy which worried him. Her eyes seemed to change from their normal bring gold to almost black.

"You're right. Let's go back to the guild, I need to spend more time with my family. We'll pay a visit to Wendy another time, right now the guild needs me. I need the guild." Zinnia says giving Skia a smile and a hug. He watched as her eyes go back to gold. He needs to speak with Master about this, maybe he knows something more about it. He thought about maybe finding you know who, but Zinnia forbids him from ever going near that evil person without her.