Chapter 24: Edolas

Zinnia wasn't sure what hit her when she walked into Magnolia after her long journey home. She felt a heavy air, she felt like the magic was being sucked out of the city. "Skia, do you feel that?" She asked looking to her best friend who was frozen in mid-air. "Skia?"

"We have to get to the guild. Hurry!" Skia raced through the city Zinnia trying to keep pace with him when she slammed into a body that came out of nowhere. 

"Zinnia! You have to leave the city now!" Mystogan? Zinnia looked up finding he didn't have his mask on. 

"What are you talking about? Why do you not have your mask on? What if someone sees you?" Zinnia rushed to her feet grabbing onto Mystogan's mask quickly covering his face. 

"The anima. I can't hold it off any longer." Zinnia's eyes went wide at Mystogan's words. No, this wasn't happening.

"No. Not now, not here." She gasped, Skia was long gone. He felt the energy and was worried, he knew this was coming once they entered the city. Like Carla, Skia has premonitions sometimes, though they come well before Carla's seem too.

"Zinnia you have to leave. You have too much still here for you to get sucked into that thing. Run." Mystogan pushed at her trying to make her turn around.

"NO! I can't leave the guild! I can't leave Skia! I can't leave my family!" She sobbed trying to fight him. She wouldn't leave them.

"There is no time Zinnia!" He shouted at her.

"Save Skia! Save everyone! Mystogan you have too!" There were only seconds left as she hugged him sobbing into his shoulder as the white light came down from the storm clouds.

"Salamander! Zinnia! Bunny Girl? Shrimp? Anyone?!" Gajeel shouted looking around the barren land that he was standing in. All he remembered was being in the guild and the next second he woke up in a pile of dust.

"Gajeel, I see you made it out." Gajeel whipped around finding Mystogan standing behind him.

"Mystogan right? What's going on? How did you make it out?" Gajeel questioned glaring at the man in front of him.

"There isn't much time. Skai will fill you in. For now, eat this you're going to need it." Mystogan threw a small red ball to Gajeel who gave it a confused look.

"What will this do?" He asked looking to no longer find Mystogan standing in front of him.

"Gajeel?" Skia came flying into Gajeel's vision slamming into his chest with tears in his eyes.

"Skia? Where is Zinnia? What is going on?" Gajeel asked giving the cat a sad and angry look.

"The anima took her! It took all of them! It's all my fault!" Skai cried. His best friend, his family was gone because of him.

"What are you talking about?" Gajeel growled the cat was a blubbering mess of tears. 

"We have to go to Edolas. We have to save everyone." Skia looked down at Gajeel's hand seeing the small red ball in it. "Eat that now. It will let you use magic when in Edolas. Hurry we don't have much time." He flew around grabbing onto the back of Gajeel's shirt lifting him into the air.

"This is awesome!" Gajeel cheered after popping the ball into his mouth. 

"Hold tight! I'm going into Hyper Speed!" Skia shouted racing into the enema. He was determined to get everyone back and right now Gajeel was the only person who could do it. He didn't know who else wasn't taken by the anima. Gajeel was strong, he might not be strong enough to save everyone on his own, but once they save at least a couple, other guild members, they might have a chance at saving all of Magnolia.