Chapter 27: Gone

X785

"I can't wait to tell Zinnia about the guild! She's going to be so proud!" Sting exclaimed as he marched up the streets of Magnolia. 

"I'm sure she will be Sting. Let's just not break anything on our way okay?" Rouge smiled walking alongside his friend. 

"I think it's a little late for that." Lector sighed, the Dragon Slayers turned their heads finding a very large mess of destruction in the street behind them. 

"Did I do that?" Sting gulped. "The Master is going to kill me." 

"Fro thinks so." Frosh giggled from Rouge's shoulder. 

"You didn't do that." The Dragon Slayers turned to find a young boy standing behind them. 

"Who did? Was it Fairy Tail? I know the guild can be fairly destructive." Rouge asked. 

"No, it wasn't the guild. Not Fairy Tail at least, another guild who is trying to take over Magnolia." The boy cried. 

"Why isn't Fairy Tail stopping them? They're the strongest guild!" Sting exclaimed. 

"Because Fairy Tail's strongest members and their Master have all vanished. It's been almost a year since anyone has seen them." The boy was now sobbing. The twin Dragon Slayers shared a look before racing past the boy to the Fairy Tail guildhall. Throwing the doors open they were shocked at what they found. 

"What's going on here?" Rouge was shocked, the guild was dark and filled with sorrow, nothing like the Fairy Tail he grew up hearing about. 

"Hello, can you maybe tell me what's going on here?" Lector went over to a man who was holding his head in his hands. 

"Happy?" The man looked up at the small red exceed, a smile grew on his face for just a second before it faded once again. "Oh, you're just another exceed, not ours." 

"Sir, what's happened?" Sting asked kneeling down in front of the man.

"We've lost so many. Our strongest members, our master, our friends, our family, they're gone." The man sobbed. 

"What happened to them?" Rouge asked.

"They went on our S-Class trials last year, they haven't returned, we tried looking for them, but the island is gone." 

"The island is gone? How is that possible? Sir who all is missing?" Rouge asked scanning the few people that were in the guild.

"Master Makarov, Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Erza, Mirajane, Wendy, Zinnia, so many more." The man sobbed once again turning away from the Twin Dragon Slayers.

"Z-Zinnia? She's gone too?" Sting gasped, his face was pale, he felt like all of the light and happiness in his body was gone. Zinnia was gone. Natsu was gone. What did he care about Natsu? Zinnia was everything to Sting, she was more than just a big sister most of the time. 

"Sting, come on, let's leave these people alone," Rouge whispered pulling Sting and the exceeds from the Fairy Tail guild hall.

"She-She's gone Rouge. Zinnia's gone." Sting sobbed.

"We don't know that for sure. We'll go out looking for them, help Fairy Tail search for them. We'll find her." Rouge said trying to calm his best friend.

"You don't get it!" Sting shouted.

"I do get it! You aren't the only one who loves Zinnia! You aren't the only one who's lost one of the most important people in your life Sting! I have too! Get that through you're head! We're in this together! Right now all we have is each other, and if we're going to try and find Zinnia you need to pull your head out of your ass and help me look!" Rouge shouted back pushing at Sting's shoulders. 

"We don't even know where to start looking." Sting sighed.

"No we don't, but we can gather information and go from there. We can go back and ask the Fairy Tail members what we can do to help." Rouge sighed resting a hand on Sting's shoulder. "Right now you need to breathe and calm down. Once you have a level head again, we'll start our search."

"Okay." Sting nodded.